They had arrived in Sunnydale early that morning and the deliveries had already delivered. Their furniture that Joyce had ordered.

“So what do you think of the house?”

Buffy looked around.

“It’s beautiful.”

“And the furniture?”

“It’s fine, mom.”

“I just want everything to be perfect.”

Buffy quickly changed the subject.

“So when do I start school?” she asked.

“Well…I have an appointment to meet with the principal tomorrow at 1:00 and you start on Monday.”

“And this being Wednesday I only havefour days to find out what kids are into here in Sunnydale, so that means Friday…. I. Go. Shopping!”

“Want some company?”

“Of course, what would the mall be without your moms credit card?” Buffy said teasing her mom.

“I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that.” Joyce said with a playful tone.

Theywent upstairs andbrought boxes with them, andBuffy met her new room.

As she opened the door shewas amazed by what she saw.

“Holy crap…Look at this room.”

“You like?”

“Yes I like, I very like. And it's a good thing I have the stuff to match.”

“Well, get organizing” Joyce pointed to the room; Buffy entered, placing both boxes on the floor. She opened one, which contained sheets and some pillows and a comfiter,then pulled them out and started to make her bed. Once she wasdone she started on the other boxes.

9 HOURS LATER

10:00 pm

Buffy came down the stairs just as there was a knock at the door.

“Buffy…can you get that?” Joyce yelled from upstairs.

“The money is on the table, and don’t forget to tip.”

“Ok” she yelled back.

‘She must have ordered something’ Buffy thought.

She headed to the table and grabbed the money, then went back to open the door. A hot blue-eyed bleach blond boy stood behind it. Buffy smiled sweetly at him, andhe smiled back.

“Un… I got a pizza.”

“Yes, I see that, and it’s convenient too, cause I got money.”

She held it up in her right hand, and a big smile grew on both their faces.

“It’s my first day, love.”

“I see, well you’re doing great.”

They both laughed.

“So here it is.”

“Thanks." she said as hehandedher the pizza. She took it and handed him the money.

She was about to close the door when he stopped her.

“Wait, love, your change.”

“Keep it,” she said with a smile.

“Thanks, pet.”

He smiled too and walked off the front step back to his car. At the same time Buffy closed the door.

‘Damn, he’s hot…and British.’ she mumbled under her breath, as she walked into the kitchen. She put the pizza on the kitchen table just as Joyce came in; they both grabbed a slice and took a bite.

“How’s the room coming?” Joyce asked.

Buffy looked at her.

“Aren’t you on a diet?” she asked.

“Yes,” Joyce replied “But I’ve earned it…how’s the room coming?" she repeated her question.

“Fine, I’ve got likethree boxes left.”

“What boxes?”

Buffy's mind was elsewhere, ‘his eyes were so amazing and the hair was just to die for’ she thought to herself.

“Huh?” Buffy said realizing that her mom has just said something, of which she had no clue.

“What’s in them?” Joyce asked.

“Oh the boxes, just a few books and some CD’s. Nothing that can’t be put away later.”

They bothate the rest of their pizza.

“I see, well I’m going to turn in early, we got a big day tomorrow.” Joyce said as she headed for the stairs.

“Goodnight.” Buffy yelled after her.

Joyce started walking up the stairs.

“Goodnight,” she yelled back. “You should turn in early too.”

Buffy didn’t answer, Joyce continued up the steps and into her room. Buffy got a soda from inside the refrigerator. She downed it and headed upstairs to her room. Once she got there she put on her pajamas and crawled into her bed, took a quick look at her clock, which blinked 11:05, then she shut her eyes and fell asleep.
Beep…Beep Beep…Beep

Her alarm clock rang; she rolled over and hit the snooze button. Then there was a knock at the door.

“Umm,” Buffy whined, “Come in.”

Joyce popped her head in.

“Good morning” she said in a cheerful voice.

Buffy sat up in her bed.

“Good morning.”

There was a moment of silence.

“Did you sleep well?” Joyce asked.

“Yup…did you?”

“Ahh…it was marvelous.”

“I’m gonna start getting ready” Buffy hopped out of her bed. She turned to face her mom who had taken a seat on her bed.

“ I've got to look my best, I’m going to meet the principal today,” Buffy rolled her eyes. “And the last thing I want to do is to make a bad impression in front of my new classmates.”

“No, we wouldn’t want that, because then you won’t be popular right?” Joyce said, teasing her daughter. Buffy slapped her mom playfully on the shoulder. Joyce lifted herself from Buffy’s bed and left the room allowing her to get ready.

Buffy showered and re-entered her room searching for the best outfit that she owned. ‘It has to be perfect’ she thought to herself. ‘A little sexy, but not too sexy cause your only meeting the principal. But sexy enough in cause of any hot guys that may cross my path, but at the same time I don’t want to intimidate any of the popular girls by over doing myself…that could be the result of instant un-coolism.' Buffy debated the situation in her head until she found the outfit to wear. She had picked out a cream colored see-through, bell sleeved blouse that went down a little past her hips, and in under she wore a black tank top. She wore her favorite pair of navy blue hip huggers, and cute pair of black-heeled boots that zipped up at the side. Her hair was a little past her shoulders and was ironed straight. Buffy took one last look at herself in her mirror. ‘Perfect’ she thought. She ran down stairs and entered the kitchen; Joyce was sitting at the table still in her slippers and housecoat sipping coffee.

“Hi, honey” Joyce said.

“Hey.” she answered back as she sat down and began looking through the morning paper.

“Do you want me to make you some waffles?” Joyce asked as she took another sip of her coffee.

“No that’s ok.”

“You sure? It’s no trouble.”

“No, I’m fine, but you can go ahead.”

Joyce sighed, as Buffy continued looking through the paper.

“No, they only don’t have calories if I make them for you.”

Buffy smiled and got up from the tableto get a glass of orange juice. She glanced at the clock, which read 11:25.

“What time are we going to the school?” Buffy asked as Joyce entered the kitchen.

“The appointment is for 1:00.”

“Ahh…I see…well you better go get ready.” Buffy said while pointing to her mother's slippers and robe. Joyce put her now empty coffee cup in the sink and headed up the stairs. Buffy called after her, “Don’t embarrass me,” she said referring to her mother’s wardrobe.

“Spoil my fun,” Joyce said with a pout.

Buffy laughed and re-filled her glass with orange juice. She downed it and put her empty glass in the sink, headed off to the living room, plopped down on the couch, grabbed the remote from the side table and flicked on the T.V.

Joyce took about and hour and 15 minutes to get ready. Buffy stood at the bottom of the stairs.

“Mom! Get your ass down here, we're gonna be late!” and then "Not that I’m excited or anything," she mumbled under her breath.

“I’m coming,” Joyce said as she was coming down the stairs and at the same time she was fixing her earring.

“Well how do I look?”

“Fine.”

“Fine, just fine?”

“You look great mom,” Buffy said with a smile and a little giggle.

Joyce took the car keys from out of her pocket and pointed to the door. They both headed out and jumped in the car, and then pulled out of the driveway.

“Now Buffy, I want you on your best behavior, with your reputation you don’t want to make a bad impression.”

“Yeah… that’s all I want, is the principal on my back, watching my every move.”

They pulled up in the school parking lot; the time was 12:55. They walked up the school steps and Buffy looked around. ‘Very nice, I can see myself here’ she thought. They entered the building.

“Every one must be in class,” she said softy. She looked up and down the halls until they approached the principal’s office. ‘Get used to it Buffy, you're going to be entering this room a lot’ she said to herself. Joyce knocked lightly on the door, it opened and a short man with little hair appeared.

“Ahh, the Summers.”

He looked at Buffy, and she gave him the 'I’m-so-innocent' smile. He smiles back as if to say 'I’m gonna make your life a living hell'.

“You’re right on time. Please come in and take a seat.”

He stepped aside to let them enter. As they did he followed behind them.

“Yes, thank-you.” Joyce said with a smile. The principal walked behind his desk and took a seat.

“My name is Principal Snyder, and I expect nothing but order and respect from your daughter at all times.”

He glanced over at Buffy and before he could get another word in Joyce interrupted.

“Well of course, she’s promised me nothing but her best behavior.”

“Yes, well I’ve been going through Betty’s files and…”

“It’s Buffy!” she interrupted.

“Well, Buffy then…. I’ve been going through her files and she seems like a trouble maker, all I need is a reason…. a reason for me to kick you out, just give me a reason, cause the sooner I get rid of you the better.”

His focus was now on Buffy.

‘Geeze, I barely open my mouth and he’s already on my back,’ Buffy thought and at the same time Joyce was defending her case.

“I don’t think you're giving her a fair chance.”

“Well, I’m not a man of chances,” turning his eyes to Buffy “Miss Summers, and you are clearly a girl that has had too many just given to her.”

“Wow, you can tell all that just by looking.” Buffy said sarcastically.

“Attitude problem, you're gonna have to work on that.”

“I’ll see what I can do, but the chance of it improving are slim to none,” Buffy said with a sweet smile.

“Yes…well it rarely does,” he said.

“I can see why.”

"You will start on Monday. It was nice to meet you Ms. Summers.”

He turned his attention to Joyce.

“Yeah, it was a real pleasure,” Buffy said once again with sarcasm.

Joyce glanced at Buffy.

“Yes, it was nice to meet you too.”

Both Buffy and her mother got up from their chairs and headed for the door.

“Ms. Summers, I’d like a word with you…alone for a moment.” he said as he stood up from his chair.

“Yes of course, Buffy wait outside, I won’t be long.”

“Sure, ok, see you on Monday Principal Sinder.” she said as she turned to open the door.

“It’s Snyder”

“Whatever,” she said as she left the room, and as soon as she did the bell rang. Teenagers spilled out of classrooms and Buffy watched with curiosity. ‘ If I can pick out the popular ones then I’ll know just what to look for over in the mall tomorrow’ she thought. She quickly turned around to see behind her, but she banged right into a pair a bright blue eyes.

“Oh my God…I’m sooo sorry.”

She bent down to pick up the books she had knocked down.

“Oh no, it’s ok love, it was my fault.”

He joined her on the ground, she handed him his books as they stood up.

“Thanks.” he said with a grin.

“No, problem, it was totally my fault.”

“Hey…I know you, I delivered a pizza to you last night,” he said with a little excitement.

“Yes, I remember, I knew I’d seen you somewhere.”

They both laughed, and Buffy held out her hand.

“Buffy Summers.”

“Spike.”

He held out his hand and grabbed hers.

“Spike? It’s unique.”

“So is Buffy.”

“I like unique,” she said with a smile and at the same time she was getting lost in his amazing blue eyes.

“Me too.”

They both let out a little chuckle.

“So you transferring here?” he asked.

“Yeah, I just met Principal Snyder, and he’s already on my back.”

“Ouch, you're gonna have it tough, Principal Snyder been riding me ever since I got here, but maybe he’ll back off now that he’s got a new toy to play with.”

“Yeah…” she smiled. “Did you just transfer too?”

“Yeah, like a month ago.”

“Cool, so where from originally?”

“Originally, England, but I’ve been around love.”

There was a short pause, then he asked.

“You?”

“L.A, But I’ve been around too.”

They both laughed.

“Well Buffy Summers I would love to stay and chat some more, but I’ve got myself a class to get to, so I’ll see you on….”

“Monday is when I start.”

“Great, Monday then love, unless you order a pizza before then.”

Buffy let out a few giggles, and Spike let a big grin cover his face.

“Bye” she said.

“See-ya around, pet.” he said as he headed for his class. Buffy watched as he faded in the crowd.

“Buffy.”

She quickly turned around to see her mother ready to go.

“So am I in trouble?” she asked as she approached her mother.

“No, nothing like that, he just wanted to make sure that you weren’t going to burn the school down or anything like that.”

“They never proved that was me, they said it could have been mice.”

Joyce looked at Buffy.

“Mice that were smoking?”

“Come on, lets go home,” Joyce said as they got into the car, and they did nothing but that.