A/N: Sorry took me so long to update but i was distracted by the television.=) Thanks so much for all the reviews!

Chapter 11 Denial Much?

The morning sun shined upon the two blondes lying peacefully in each other’s arms. As William started to come to, he looked at the woman cuddled next to him. He had always known the beauty that the woman beside him had possessed, both inside and out. The thing they did last night flashed through his mind, he started to get up, careful for the blonde next to him to not wake up. He went and looked out into the window by the couch, he noticed how silent the place was, and as he opened it the summer breeze flowed right into the room. Inhaling the air, he thought of what his actions last night did to Buffy and how things had changed, what was he supposed to do now.

Buffy’s eyes fluttered against the harsh light of the sun, the view she saw upon her was a man standing right by the window staring out. She had the sudden urge to get up and slip her arms into William’s waist but decided to hold back. What happened last night was very much unexpected, she knew that she felt a certain attraction towards the blonde, that she knew well, but she always thought that she could held herself together and not let the emotions take over her. But last night, everything changed, she now felt more messed up than ever before. They both have their own separate relationships, relationships that they are both happy at, what was she suppose to do now.

After getting the car fixed, the twosome went their way back to Sunnydale. The comfortable silence that they once had were now gone, the only thing left was tension between each other. Until William spoke, “We have to talk Buffy…” Hearing no reply, not even a sigh, he repeated what he had said. “We have to talk, luv…”

“There is nothing to talk about…” Buffy replied. “Last night was just a clinch, it… did … not …mean … a thing.” She said the last few words with fear in her eyes that William would have agreed with her. She would have loved to tell him that all she wanted was to be with him, but she knew better.

“Nothing?” William questioned. “Is that what it was, nothing. Cause if I remember right, there was something there. You can’t deny that Buffy? Something happened.”

“What do you want me to say, Will. You asked a question, I answered. If you don’t believe me that’s your thing…”

Again there was inevitable silence; to William, hearing Buffy say that the thing they did, did not mean anything to her was painful. He knew what they did was wrong, for god’s sake he was in a relationship with Harmony. But nevertheless, the thing they shared last night needed to be cleared; they have to talk about it, before others get hurt. “This you, pet.” William said as he pulled right in front of Buffy’s building. “Do you want me to help you get inside?”

“No, I’ll be fine.” Buffy responded as she grabbed her bags and headed inside. She did not want to William to go up with her. The fear that again her emotions would take over her stopped her. She needed some time alone to think, to let her mind process all these information without the influence… of anyone.

Meanwhile, as William watched Buffy go inside her building and proceeded to drive back to his apartment. A couple of thoughts clouded his mind yet again; he had no idea what to do. How was Buffy feeling? Is she okay about this whole thing as she says she was? Had she meant what she said? How did ‘he’ feel about the whole thing? He sure has a lot of thinking to do. Good thing it was a Sunday.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~~ William’s Office ~~

It was Tuesday, as William prepared himself for another long day at work. Good thing that Monday was over with yesterday all that meetings with suppliers and editors are all over. Today was going to be better. “Good Morning Mr. Bennedict.” Lilah welcomed his boss.

“Good Morning Lilah.” William greeted. “Any calls?” as he grabbed the mail the brunette was holding out.

“Just one, Mr. Giles would like to talk to you, he will be here at nine.”

“What about? What did he want to talk about?”

“He did not say, sir. Something about the inter-branch in Chicago…” the secretary trailed off.

‘Great.’ William thought, just when he thought his day was going to be good. Meetings are never a good sign, especially if they are done personally. It only means that there is something serious. He had absolutely no idea what this guy wanted from him, he had bought 80 percent of the company, the man was just a silent partner, hell if the old bloke would just allow him to buy the remaining percentage he would gladly do so. “Mr. Harris in line two, sir” William heard through the speakers, as he was brought out of the trail of thoughts.

“Thanks.” The blond replied. “Oy, man. What’s up?”

“Hey, Spike! So… you guys weren’t able to go to the party. What happened there? The food was awesome! I was gonna let you meet this girl…”

William gave out a small laugh, typical Xander to only be concerned about food. “Maybe you could introduce this ‘friend’ of yours this Friday at the Bronze.”
Hearing his best friend agree and asked again why they were not able to make it to the party, he answered, “We just had a little trouble ‘bout the car is all, the freaking guy said that the radiator was broke. We both know that’s impossible right Xand, we just got it fixed last week.” William still can’t let go about that whole radiator thing, he really thought it was extremely impossible that it was the problem with the car, the man probably wanted extra income for letting them stay at his motel.

Now it was the brunette’s turn to give out a laugh, he can’t believe how much of a thrift his best friend can be. “Is that all that happened, broken car? Where did you guys stay?”

“That was the weird thing, man. There was a repair shop plus motel exactly across from where the car broke down.”

“Maybe, it’s just luck?”

“I really doubt that…” William speculated. Xander knew that he never believed in such stuff, fate and destiny was a load of crap for him. There was this one time that the brunette even tried to bring him to a psychic to prove him wrong, but it did not help.

“So… That’s all that happened, nothing else.” Xander asked. Nothing else intended.

But to William, “What do you mean by that?” the blonde said in a very much defensive tone.


“Aren’t we defensive…” Xander joked as William continued telling him about his whole day in the company of the Summer’s women. He for sure knew that William had a good time, but he can’t help but wonder why the blonde suddenly got all defensive a while ago. ‘Knock, knock’ a sound came from the door. “Come in.” William called, which stopped him from all the storytelling he was getting into with his best friend.

“Mr. Rupert Giles is here, sir. He is in conference room 5.” Liliah said, hearing William thanked her she went out the door.

“Sorry Xand, got to go. Have to talk with the old man… Wish me good luck.” William spoke. After the brunette had given him his luck, he placed down the phone and proceeded to meet his partner. ‘What does he want me to do now?’ was the last thing that William thought of as he got out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy was busily filing papers, she had almost forgotten about that incident last Saturday night everything was getting back to normal, she was again here at work doing boring things, as the phone rang. “Hello, Match-made in Heaven. How may I help you?”

“Hey, Buffy it’s me.”

“Oh, hi mom. Nice of you to call, is there something you needed. Perhaps a nice young gentleman?” Buffy joked; her mood was definitely getting lighter.

“Funny, I just wanted to see if you made it home okay.”

“I’m fine mom, had a little trouble with the car, but every things peachy!”

“Good.” Joyce said firmly. “So… maybe you and William could come and visit here again sometime.” Joyce really wanted to see more of her daughter. She wanted to know people that are now part of Buffy’s life. She can’t go to LA because Dawn has school, so she could only wish that her eldest daughter would be able to visit them once in a while.

“Umm… mom, I don’t know…” Buffy trailed off, she was just starting to get over the fact of what she and William had done, now that her mom was talking about him, it just came running back to her all over again. “I mean… William does have job… he happens to be very busy and I don’t know, I have to ask…”

“That’s okay Buffy, it’s just that Dawn likes him a lot and I just thought that you could bring him by sometime.” It is true that Dawn does fancy the young blonde, but so does she. She thought this man was of extremely high stature, but still has that sense of danger and charisma that everyone loves. He thought that this was the kind of man his daughters should be hanging around with. ‘He and Buffy would make such a great couple’ she thought. “Anyway, that’s all. Did not want to disturb you from your work. Bye, honey.”

“Bye, mom. I’ll try to ask.” Buffy said as she placed down the receiver and went on with her filing. ‘What is she to do now?’

~~ Conference Room 5 ~~

“So you see, Will. It is of great need that you drop by Chicago to check on things. I can take care of everything else while you’re away.” The brown-haired old man said to the blonde.

“But, Giles. I can’t possibly do any good there, why don’t you go.” William insisted. His partner Rupert wanted him to visit their inter-branch in Chicago to check up on the staff, since the last supervisor was fired because of failure to comply to the company’s demands, he was asked to go there and straighten things out.

“I would love to, believe me I would. But this kind of thing isn’t really in my area, Will. So I really suggest you go off and finish this deal. The sooner you go the sooner you can come back.”

“Whatever you say Rupert.” William finally gave up; he did not want to argue with the old man any longer. “When do I leave?”

“The earlier the better, Is next week good?” Giles asked. “That should be enough time for you to gather everything.” Seeing William nod he proceeded in telling the blonde his purpose for him going to Chicago.

to be continued....