A/N: Chaps pretty long decided to spilt it into two. Thanks ever so much for all the reviews! Glad you guys like the story.

Chapter 30 Cuffed

“Tell me again where we’re going?” William asked as he walked beside Xander through the busy streets of Los Angeles that Saturday night. It had been a couple of days since that night. With the chaos that was last week he was actually glad that Xander invited him out tonight. To get away from Rupert, Ethan and Dru was a relief no matter what the flip side may be.

“We’re going to the Bronze, to sulk and party!” he said with much enthusiasm as he punched the air. People around him gave him dubious looks, but being Xander he dismissed it with a shrug and a shy smile.

After he read the ad on the morning paper about his best friend’s so called ‘engagement’ that he simply forgot to mention. He quickly ran over to his apartment and pounded in his door asking for an explanation. But he just shrugged and went back to watching TV. He took that as a sign, a sign that his friend needed some hammering in the head. “After we finish one errand that is…” he whispered more to himself.

“Okay, here we are, man,” Xander ushered him into a blue colored building.

“Umm, where is here exactly?” William asked as he went under the threshold and began to climb the stairs up.

“Willow’s,” he answered nonchalantly.

“Red’s?” Xander nodded in answer as they continued up the steps. “I just needed to get something I forgot here the other day… my toolbox! I left my toolbox. Here.” He pointed to the hall and began walking.

“When did you do work for Red?”

“Just… now…” he knocked at the door palms sweating. “I just thought I’d drop by… it’s on the way.” He knocked again this time with urgency.

“Huh…” William squinted his eye as of trying to figure something out, “But the Bronze if half way…” Before he could finish the door flew open. “Oh, hi Wills! Your home… I was just here to get my… box… of tools…”

“Huh?” Willow replied confusion evident in her face.

“His toolbox.” William explained.

The redhead narrowed her eyes, “Oh… that.” She said as realization dawned on to her. “Come in!” she welcomed them. “How about some coffee-“

She got cut off when there was a muffled call from on of the rooms, “Wills where’s your brush?”

“Spike? Coffee?” She offered quickly.

“Who was-“ William asked as he turned his head to the direction of the sound.

“Willow wher-“ Buffy asked as she got out of the room and into the living room, towel wrapped around her hair that she quickly pulled away when she saw their new visitors. “Oh…”

“Coffee anyone?” Willow offered nervously.

“Wills, you didn’t tell me we had a visitor?” Buffy acknowledged the brunette’s presence, “Xander.” intentionally dismissing the bleach blonde’s presence.

William bit his lip slightly nodding his head. Hearing Buffy dismiss him just like that kind of got on his nerve. He’s does not deserve to be treated this way, he doesn’t even know why he’s here in the first place.

Just as William was about to head for the door. Willow quickly slipped her arm around his and steadied him on his position. “What about that coffee huh?”

William just pierced her a deadly look promising much hurt if she and Xander didn’t explain themselves soon. “Xander will explain!” she quickly backed away and pointed an accusing finger towards the brunette’s way.

Xander held up his hand as a sign of surrender as the two blondes dart a look at his direction. “Don’t look at me.”

“What’s going on?” Buffy finally spoke over the silence.

“That’s what I’d like to know too.” William said simultaneously with Buffy, “Xander? Willow?”

“Well…” they both answered trying to buy time. They have planned this scheme to help their friends get back together, they both believed that it was just a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time and making stupid decisions while they were at that time and… place, a misunderstanding. They didn’t really know how to explain it they hardly understood each other when they talked about it. But they did agree on one thing… that their friends needed to talk it out and hopefully realize that they have made bad decisions and they were both miserable because of it, they were both witness to that the week before.

“Well…” William prompted.

“This… was…”

“Suppose to be…”

“An intervention…”

“For both of you…”

“Yeah… To you know…”

“Make…”

“Up…”

“…and stuff.” Willow and Xander exchanged the lines in completing one sentence, which caused the two blondes to look back and forth between them as they talked.

“Umm… sorry the connecting of the sentences didn’t connect with me… what were you two trying to say?” Buffy asked.

“They want us to get back together, luv.” William explained with ease.

“Oh, well I can tell you now… that that’s not gonna-“

“Listen to us first okay…” Xander butted in. “You two have been great together,” he stood in the middle of the two of them wrapping his arm around their shoulder. “We were both witnesses to the…” He signaled Willow to help him.

“The radiating love you two show…?” She supplied.

“And…”

“And, we can’t stand to see that love go down the drain so…” click. Willow stopped there as Xander walked around the two blondes examining his handiwork as he smiled looking at their wrists, which were now conjoined with…

“Handcuffs?” Buffy pulled on the metal bracelet and tugged.

“Hey!” he complained at the metal scratched his wrist.

“Baby!” she spat out of him.

“Only for you, pet…”

Buffy scoffed at that. “Get me out of this… right now!”

“What do you think we should do, Wills?” Xander asked as he got the redhead’s coat off the rack. “How does the Bronze sound...?”

“Good! Great actually!” Willow replied as she slipped on her coat.

“Now you two be good.” Xander reminded them before they exited the door, “and try not to kill each other. We’ll be back around midnight… Have fun!” he said as he shut the door.

After a beat it opened again, Willow’s head popped in, “and in case you’re wondering… the door now opens from the outside. See ya!”

‘Damn!’ William thought, this was not the flip side he had in mind.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As the door closed behind their friends, Buffy and William just stood there for a good five minutes, or maybe that’s what they thought so. Neither wanting to make the first move, plus they had no idea what to say to each other or where to go. Finally Buffy had enough, giving out a huff of breath she made her way back to Willow’s room.

“Hey!” William protested as he followed her in, “your pulling!” But Buffy heard nothing as she opened the door, William dragging in from behind as she sat on Willow’s dresser and searched inside one of the drawers giving no care that the bleach blonde’s arm was being slammed into the wood with her every move.

“What the bloody hell are you looking for?” William asked as he snatched his hand back and rubbed his wrist. “My hand is gonna go numb with all this.”

“I’m looking for Willow’s brush… and why should I care if your arm goes numb.” She spat out as she continued her search. William just shrugged his shoulder as other parts of his body are slammed repeatedly against the drawer until Buffy found the brush. ‘Finally’ he sighed inwardly.

As if she was alone, she did her usual routine every night. She faced the mirror and started smoothing out the tangles on her damp hair, William’s hand dangling with her movement. ‘Bloody women’ he said to himself as Buffy continued her task, ‘are you planning to break the soddin world record?’ he muttered to himself, how long does it take a person to comb ones hair, is she doing the one hundred strokes thing that he never really got.

Buffy tried to reach the back of her head, she was having trouble with it because of a certain person’s arm was on the way. Seeing her struggle, William placed his right palm over hers as he took hold of the brush and continued making steady smooth strokes on her hair.

Buffy’s body visibly relaxed as he continued his ministrations. She knew she could always have used her left hand to reach the back of her head but this just felt too good. It was so nice to feel pampered again it had been a while since she had a proper spoiling especially from him. She scooted over to the left side of the chair to make room for him to sit, which he took. She then rested her body against his warm one it felt so good it was like they were totally made for each other how their bodies just fit perfectly.

William was caught of guard that Buffy would let him help her after the way she had acted last week nonetheless hold her but who was he to complain as he reluctantly used his other arm to envelope her body. When she leaned in more to him his confidence grew as he held her tighter and placed the brush back on the table and gave her shoulder a little kiss. He watched her though the mirror her reaction surprised him even more. She just closed her eyes and leaned into him as a smile formed on her face, something he hadn’t seen in quite a while and something he realized he missed.

to be continued...