A/N: Here's part2!

Chapter 30 Cuffed

Buffy didn’t bother to move as she felt way too good sitting on this chair, she made a mental note to ask Willow where she got it cause she’s gonna have to get one for herself. She opened her eyelids a bit and saw her reflection on the mirror. She was sitting enveloped against his arms his head nested beside the crook of her neck. Then it finally hit her. “Hey!” she abruptly stood from the chair deciding that she would rather not buy this kind of furniture if it came attached with that.

“What?” William asked surprise, innocence in his eyes.

“Bad!…” she flinched and pointed at her previous position, “…that was bad.” She tried to get more distance between them but the handcuffs cease to permit it.

“Let yourself go didn’t you, luv?” He answered her with a grin, a grin she found very irritating right at this moment.

“Shut up!” she defended immediately, “and don’t call me ‘luv’ “He just raised his brow at her in response. “You know what…?” she tried to think as she intended to pace but failed miserably. So she settled for placing her hands on her hips, “I- you know we need ground rules, if we are ever to survive until midnight…”

“Uh huh…” William nodded, trying not to laugh seeing Buffy come up with “ground rules”.

“First there are to be no touching of any kind!” She warned, “you are to stay away from me as far as this-“ she raised her wrist, “thing, would allow.”

“How about if you’re the one that gets too close?” He asked head tilted in amusement.

Buffy narrowed her eyes at him, “that will not happen.” She said even though it totally contradicts to what had just happened.

“Whatever you say, pet.”

“You better wipe that smile off your face, mister.” She threatened him. “And secondly, don’t call me any of your stupid pet names! Do you hear me?” William just nodded his head in response as Buffy continued on as he stifled a laugh.

Surprisingly Buffy was able to come up with 10, maybe not so wise but nonetheless 10 “ground rules”. “And lastly no unnecessary conversations of any kind…” she told him with a hint of anger in her eyes. “Did you get all that?” she said to him more than asked but nonetheless he nodded as she sat on the edge of the bed and he remained in the dresser chair as silence fell on them.

After about two minutes of total and utter silence, “So what were you doing here with, Red?” Buffy looked at him with narrowed eyes as if saying ‘haven’t you just heard what I said.’ William gave out a sigh, “Look, p- Buffy,” he caught himself but Buffy noticed it and gave him a stern look anyway, ‘What is wrong with her today!’ “You might as well talk to me, we’re gonna be here for a very long time.” But she just turned away from him as much as she could seemingly find much interest with the patterns on Willow’s blanket.

“Fine, you’re not gonna talk…” he shrugged and started to get up, Buffy looked up at him oddly. “I’m gonna go and watch TV…” he started walking dragging a very reluctant Buffy behind him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

They have been sitting on the couch for the last hour or so, Buffy really didn’t care as to what time it already was. While William was beside her watching another rerun of Passions she just sat there bored. He had made himself more than at home as he raided Willow’s fridge and helped himself so some popcorn and a couple of cans of soda. As he laughed at something on screen he darted a look Buffy’s way and offered her some of the popcorn but she just turned away from him and he just shrugged in response.

She had been acting that way towards him for the whole duration of the night and William had thrown in the towel, Buffy was being extra difficult today and he didn’t really know why, or maybe he did but he doubt that would be it. So he simply gave up blaming it on “that time of the month.” As he turned back to the screen and saw it just turned in for a commercial break he noticed that his seatmate kept on tossing and turning and just seemed never to get comfortable. “Are you okay?” he asked her and she just nodded her head as she squirmed in her seat, “Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked once again.

“Yeah…” she told him but seemingly not quite sure, “I just need…” she trailed off but William wasn’t convinced as he waited for her to continue, “I need to- I need to use the…” she blushed pink as she pointed in the general direction of the rooms.

“What?” he prompted.

“I need to… use the littlegirlsroom” she said so fast that William almost wasn’t able to catch it. He laughed inwardly as he nodded his head and he bit his lip trying not to laugh out loud. How can this girl be so tough one moment and so embarrassed the next. “Don’t laugh at me!” she turned on him eyes squinting with a spear of anger. “It’s not my fault, when nature calls, nature calls.”

“Alright, pet. You win,” he said as he stood up from the couch, but Buffy didn’t seem to move. “What?”

Buffy opened and closed her mouth a couple of times unable to say what she wanted. “How?” she dangled the metal bracelet.

William cocked a brow at her not being able to connect the dots until finally it daunted on to him as he just nodded his head. “Oh…”

“Yeah…”

“We can just keep the door shut, that’s all. Come on.” He pulled at the cuffs that bind them, but Buffy remained seated. “You wanna wet your pants?” she shook her head ‘duh’. “Then let’s go.”

As soon as they reached the bathroom Buffy just stood by the door not making a move. They had decided to use the common bathroom rather than the one with the bath inside Willow’s room since here the toilet was nearer to the door meaning that William was to be able to stay outside as Buffy did her business. “Go on then” William gestured for her to go inside.

Buffy reluctantly entered as she shut the door almost squishing William’s wrist in the process. As she prepared to sit she peeked out into the small crack on the door. “Don’t peek!” she warned him.

“Yeah…” was his reply though it not like it’s nothing he haven’t seen before but… so he waited there by the door facing the other direction his wrist were already hurting with the distance Buffy was pulling him through but he didn’t complain. “So, why were you here with Red?”

Buffy answered as she stood up and placed her pants back on, “Why do you keep on asking that?” she pressed the flush button and opened the faucet to wash her hands.

When she opened the door, William’s head was rested on the frame staring back at her, “Because you haven’t answered the question yet.”

“Why would you want to know?” she said with a hint of smile as she walked pass him and they went back in front of the television as the credits for Passion rolled and William turned off the TV.

“Nothing” he smiled at her, “just making conversation.” Buffy just threw him a ‘really?’ look and he held up his hands as a sign of innocence. “So you gonna answer it or not…?”

Buffy smiled at him and said, “It was suppose to be our girl’s night.”

“You guys still do that?”

“Yes. You have a problem about that?” William just shrugged his shoulders in response. Actually tonight was suppose to be ‘make Buffy feel good about breaking up with Spike’ night but she didn’t need to tell him that.

“So what do you do during “girl’s night”?” he asked complete with air quotes.

“Just the usual, pretty much what you were suppose to do with Xander tonight. Until he dragged you here.”

He gave out a small laugh “Unless you girls were planning to get pissed drunk tonight I think it’s not the same, pet.” She already heard him use those “pet names” a couple of times but just let it pass so she might as let this one pass too.

“You never know…” she answered him mysteriously.

“I really doubt that. You girls were probably gonna eat ice cream and talk about boys all night… isn’t that right?” Buffy just gave him a blank expression as an answer. “I saw a couple of pints of Ben and Jerry’s back in the freezer… we don’t want that to go to waste now do we?”

“What?” she looked at him wide-eyed, “You offering eating ice cream with me and talking about boys in place of Willow?”

William cocked his head from side to side, “As long as you promise to get pissed with me later,” he told with one of his grins plastered on his face. “In place of Xander, of course.”

“No way!” she shook her head violently. “But I will take you up on that ice cream…” she said as she got up from the couch and proceeded into the kitchen.

“Oh…Do you have Chunky Monkey by any chance?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Then he says ‘No not my suit! Not my goddamn suit! It’s a thousand bucks for crying out loud!’” Buffy couldn’t help but dole out a laugh. It had been this way for the last couple of hours. They were both seated on the couch as William talked away about his trip to Chicago and some stories about his other out of the country getaways. “So how about you, what you’ve been up to here?”

“Umm…” Buffy gave her ice cream a few stabs in, “Nothing really… nothing interesting that is…” ‘or nothing I plan on telling you’.

“Hmm… really?” William mumbled something underneath his breath and of course Buffy asked what was it he said. “I said- never mind.” But Buffy encourage him though she didn’t know why, well she really shouldn’t have. “Who’s Scott?” was his half-whispered question.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me” he told her, “Was he the one with you last week at the Expresso Pump?” She looked grimly at him. “It may not be my place to ask but… is he the one?”

“The one?”

“The one you’re seeing now…?”

Buffy didn’t know how to answer that, “What’s it to you?”

“Nothing really…” He looked up into the ceiling as if seeking for the words he might utter up there. “It’s just that I’ve been thinking,” Buffy uttered something along the lines of ‘Huh, he thinks?!’ but he chose to dismiss it as he continued on, “Why did she broke it off with me…” he paused then went in for the dramatic effect. “It’s because she’s found somebody else…” He sent her a gesture saying to let him finish before she interrupts, “At least that’s what I got from it.”

“You’re really something aren’t you?” she shook her head in disbelief. “Coming up with these things to make it fit your way…”

“Am I now?” he asked her as he raised a brow. “Tell me then, why?” He dared her to prove him wrong. “It can’t be just because I failed to tell you bout me going away cause that’s bull and we both know that.”

“Couldn’t it just be that I got tired of you? That I wanted more and decided to move on?” he crocked his head to the side as if searching in her eyes if what she just said was true. But she was showing him no expression whatsoever. “You satisfied?” He shook his head no. “And why is that?”

“Because I know it’s not true” he answered nonchalantly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“My God! You really are FULL of yourself!” Buffy exclaimed. “You know what we’re not even suppose to be talking about this, what I do now is none of your business as what you do is also none of my business.”

“And what’s that suppose to mean?” he asked ‘It can’t be? She can’t know? No!’ he looked relaxed and cool on the outside but inside his stomach was doing cartwheels. But Buffy just shrugged her shoulders in response. “Buffy…” he told him in what can only be described at his bedroom voice “I know you still lo-“

“Don’t!” she cut him off, “You can’t possibly know what I feel!”

He just nodded his head, “Right… But I do know what I feel and I-“ before he could say the word Buffy shot him a deadly look, “Still do, probably always will.”

But Buffy just responded with a shake of her head and disbelief in her face. “Don’t lie to me…” she whispered to the point where William almost didn’t hear her.

“Why would I lie to you?”

Buffy swallowed the lump on her throat, “I know…”

“Know what?” he tried to sound innocent as if he didn’t have a single clue but he knew that’s impossible with the ad on the newspaper the whole bloody world probably knew.

“You’re engaged…”

“Now, where did you hear that stupid idea?” William tried to be dismissive about the facts but he was just buying time, time that was coming straight at him.

“Stop lying…” Buffy was exhausted she didn’t have the energy to argue with him. She didn’t even know why she was trying so hard to tell him it doesn’t really matter anyway. “I read it on the paper…”

“Don’t be silly, luv… You don’t get a copy of the paper remember?”

“Do you really want me to show you?”

William just nodded his head, “Okay…” he accepted defeat, he was knew he was busted, there was no backing out now he didn’t even know how to start explaining he didn’t know what he was suppose to say if she even listened to him. “Look I-“

“What can you possibly say to make things better? Huh?” she finally let her eyes meet his which were not filled with tears that didn’t want to fall. “There no possible excuse or explanation for what you did or what are going to do. So don’t you dare question me about my decisions because I don’t have a say in yours… not anymore.”

“Buffy-“ Before he could finish the doors burst open, Willow and Xander behind the door giggling and holding on to four cups of coffee.

“Hey you guys!” Willow entered her apartment, which seemed to have gotten more silent than she can ever remember. “Finally got that coffee we were all crazing about.” She waved the styrofoam tray containing four cups of Starbucks.

Buffy breathed in deep, wiping some of the fallen tears, and tried to compose herself as William looked at her with pleading eyes wanting her to understand him, listen to him anything really. “Can you take this off Xander?” he pulled at the metal bracelet.

“Yeah…” he walked over to them as he looked at Willow as if saying ‘What the hell happened here?’ but she just answered her with a shrug of her shoulders. As soon as the cuffs her off, Buffy rose from the sofa not saying a word to anyone and retreated into Willow’s room.

“Okay…? What happened here?” Xander looked at William asking for an answer but he just stood and went out the door also not saying a word.

“At least they didn’t kill each other… coffee?”

to be continued...