A/N: Hey, if you notice the change in the no of chaps that's because i missed chapter 2 before and i just added it. So you can check that out now. Sorry for he confusion.

Chapter 5 Harmony is in the Air
~~ Match-made in Heaven ~~

Buffy was getting the agency setup for the day ahead; she started by fixing up the front counter. While cleaning up, she thought about the things that happened the night before. It was nice of William to take her to dinner, of course after Harmony left him that is, she really had loads of fun, fun that she definitely needed. They talked all the way to dinner, when the band started to play 'Wind Beneath My Wings', Buffy’s favorite song, she asked William if he would like to dance. First he was hesitant, he kept on insisting he was a very bad dancer and had 2 left feet. But Buffy persuaded him with her pouted lip and found out that he was not as bad as he says he was.

The night ended as they both got massively drunk from all the champagne and the long stem white rose that William gave her before they got into a cab. First she was hesitant in accepting it, thinking that it was intended for Harmony but when William told her that it was really for her, even before he knew about this whole night, Buffy was really touched with this gesture of his. She thought he was the sweetest guy she had ever met. When they reached her apartment, she could not believe the things that she was able to tell William. Buffy told him about how Liam cheated on her. She felt tears streaming down her cheeks as she told him about the times they had spent together. He even swore that if he sees this guy he would beat him up until his eyes popped out. But Buffy did not even make a move at that. They just sat there all night, by the couch. In William’s arms she was able to shed the tears that she had held back for almost a year now.

‘Ring…ring…’ the phone chimed in. “Hello? Match-made in Heaven, how may I help you?” Buffy said, as she picked up the phone.

“Hello. Is Buffy there?”

“This is she. Who is this?”

“Oh, hi Buffy, it’s me Harmony.”

“Oh, hello Ms. Kimball.” Buffy could have bet this was not the cheery voice that she heard just last weak. Harmony’s voice was rough, and sounded like she had cried the whole night. “How may I be of service?”

“Well…”

“I know the date with Mr. Bennedict didn’t go too well. Don’t worry we could always reschedule.” Buffy was trying to sound positive, she knew the person on the other line was in terrible condition. She could hear it in her voice.

“Yeah… Anyway, I was just thinking if maybe I could have William’s office number or something. I just kind of wanted to apologize for last Saturday.” Harmony was a wreak. The phone call she received last Saturday was from her mother, telling her to rush right to the hospital because her father had a stroke. They had been in the hospital for the weekend. Just last night the doctors told them that her father was going to be paralyzed waist down. At hearing this news, she cried the whole night, no stopping. This morning, she remembered about William and decided to apologize and tell him to forget about rescheduling. She was so not in the mood to date.

“Yeah, sure. Let me just get the files…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Lilah, can you bring in the Kennedy files.” As William went into his office. He had just finished the staff meeting; it was almost noon now. He just got back from The Oasis to get his ride back. The other night was pretty amazing for him; Buffy and him talked all night, after of course they got past the embarrassment of almost kissing each other. He was able to open up to Buffy like he had never opened up for anyone before, sure, he tells his friends stuff about him, but when it comes to his childhood and much more intimate details, usually Xander is the only one who knows about them. But last night, they talked about everything, from little bloopers they had when they were kids to heartaches and pains that almost seemed unbearable. He was able to tell her stories about Cecily and his high school days, even the romantic catastrophe that was Drusilla. She never seemed to mind, she just sat there, eyes only for him, like what he was saying was a proposal for world peace or something. William never got this close to his any of his girlfriends, especially not on the first date. ‘Was that even a date’ he thought as a knock on the door came. It’s just that Buffy makes him feel different, she makes him feel…safe. “Come in.”

“Mr. Bennedict, this are the files you asked for, and a call for you in line 2” Liliah said as she made her way out of the office.

As William picked up the phone, he wondered who could be calling him, probably Xander wanting details on the date. “Hello?”

“Hello. Um… Is William there?”

“This is he, who is this?”

“Oh, William, it’s Harmony. Just called to apologize for running out on you last Saturday. I’m really sorry.”

“It’s no big deal, luv. Maybe we can do it again this week. What do you say?” William joked, hearing the lost enthusiasm in the lady he had just met the other night.

Harmony laughed a little then said, “Yeah, that would be nice, but I don’t think I’ll be able to make it. There has been an… I’m sorry, just… forget it”

“Forget what, pet? It’s okay if your not comfortable telling me?” William said in a soothing voice. He could hear the pain and sorrow in her voice.

“It’s just that I’m going to be busy and… I would not want to keep you waiting.”

“Are you busy now, luv? Maybe we could talk if you want?”

“Now? But…”

“I’ll pick you up if you want too.”

Harmony was depressed, she knew she needed to talk to somebody. She can’t talk to her mom that’s for sure. Her mom is a bigger wreak than she is. So she agreed to have lunch with William at the cafe around Main Street.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

William was sitting at the back of the Brewing point-café; he had been waiting here for almost 20 minutes. He was even having doubts that Harmony will never show up. As if in recognition to his thoughts, a figure appeared right to the door. The blonde woman had her hair up in a ponytail, she looked pale and her eye bags were as deep as the Pacific Ocean. She certainly had change a lot from the last time William saw her, the bright smile of hers was replaced by the sulked look of her eyes, her natural cheeriness was gone. ‘What could have happen?’ William wondered as Harmony approached him.

“Hey, luv.” William called, as he stood and helped Harmony into her seat. “How you doing this fine day?”

“Thanks.” As she took her seat. “I’m fine.” Harmony replied. She knew her voice sounded very tired and she did not even try to cover for it. She was too exhausted, she just wished that William would not notice.

But William did notice he was suddenly worried for the woman he had just met two days ago. “Good, let’s order then.” William said firmly, trying to lighten the mood.

“So, that’s 1 black coffee, 1 cappuccino and 2 Caesar Salads.” The waiter said, as he left the two blondes.

“So… tell me, why would a girl just dumped a guy even before they start they’re first date?” William questioned, again trying to lighten the mood.

“Nothing… It’s nothing…”

“It can’t be nothing, pet. I don’t think you would just rush off for nothing.” William was deeply concerned, he knew he just met the lady. But he always had this weird thing; he can’t take it if he sees a girl all lonely, oh how he hated being an English man.

“Well…” Harmony was still hesitant. She was not sure if it was such a great idea to open up completely to a guy you met, she hardly knew William. “Oh, here’s the food. Let’s eat.” Harmony continued, as she tried to change the subject.

William knew that Harmony was probably not comfortable in opening up to him. And he knew better than to push, he would wait and try to make conversation by telling her story about how he got his scar. William got a few laughs from her and hoped it had made her feel better.

After eating, actually he was just the one that ate. Harmony hardly touched her food. She just kept staring into space, as if trying to find the answer to something. After a long silence, William thought that he should just go and maybe meet up with her when she is ready to speak with him. Just at the same moment Harmony suddenly spoke. “It’s my dad…”

William was shocked that Harmony was finally going to tell him something, he did not want to make her nervous, he just wanted her to be totally comfortable with him. So he hardly said a thing, except to ask, “What about you father, pet?”

“He got a stroke, and he is now paralyzed…” As Harmony continued to tell William about the week she had and what she had to go through, as tears started to fill her eyes.

William pitied Harmony, he found her to be a very nice girl. And to have your dad sick so near to your graduation day, it is just a bust. They talked there all afternoon. William knew he needed to go back to work, but he thought that Harmony needed him more than his co-workers, as she continued to open herself up to William

to be continued...