Chapter 6 The whole night…?
~~ Outside in the sidewalk (Friday) ~~

Oz was on his way to the Bronze for their weekly gig there. As he walked, he noticed a redhead get out of her car and proceeded to a building, which had the sign ‘Match-made in Heaven’.

“Hey Buffy, how was work today. Any good matches lately?” As Willow entered the room.

“It’s was fine, how was school?”

“Same, same. Nothing really interesting.” As the bell on the door of the agency rang. Willow saw the pink-haired guy appear through the door. She found him very attractive, or maybe it is just the bad boy vibe that she felt. “How may I help you, fine sir?” Willow came right into the guy that just came in.

“Well…” Oz had no idea what to say, he just followed the redhead in, in hopes that he might be able to ask her out. He found her very cute. “I was just… walking around… just thought I’d come in”

“Oh, so you just walk all around with a big guitar case on hand.” Willow wondered.

“Well… I was on my way to a gig we have.”

“Where?”

“Huh?”

“Where is this gig of yours?”

“Oh, at the Bronze, we play there every Friday. Would you like to come and watch sometime?” Oz asked. Usually he would never be this aggressive in asking a woman out, but as he saw the time, he knew he needed to get going. But he wanted to get to know this girl better; maybe inviting her to the Bronze would not be so bad.

“Uh… I don’t know, but I’ll try.”

“Okay, be seeing you then.”

“Right.” Willow replied as Oz made his way out. “ Oh, my god Buffy, did you see how cute that guy was. You totally have to go with me to the Bronze. I have to see him again.”

Buffy was shocked on how her friend had reacted. From the first time she knew Willow, she never saw her come up to any guy, and she thought it would not hurt to go with her to the Bronze, she definitely needed to get out. “Okay, let me just go home and get myself fixed up.”
~~ The Bronze ~~

William was at the bar, getting some beers. He had invited Harmony to come with him, he thought that the girl needed to have some fun and get out. But she had refused; saying that she needed to look after her dad today because his personal nurse was out sick. He had spent the whole week with Harmony; they had gone out quite a lot, hanged out here and there. William had even met Harmony’s mom and dad; they seemed very nice, let him have hot cocoa with the little marshmallows in them. He really liked Harmony, thought they had a lot in common, plus she was fun to be around with. He finally got her to be all cheery and perky again.

“So… tell me man, what you been doing all week. Called the office, everytime, Lilah would say your out on lunch or in a meeting. Who’s the new girl man, share will you.” Xander questioned his best friend as William made his way to their table.

“Why would you think there’s a girl?”

“Because, I’ve known you my whole life. You can’t possibly be out on a meeting everyday; I know how you feel about those corporate men. They make you all crazy. So who’s the girl?”

“There’s no girl.” William answered firmly.

“Come on! There has to be a girl.”

“Fine. I was just hanging out with Harmony. That’s all.”

“Harmony…” Xander said in a mocking voice, like telling William that he did not believe that they were just hanging out. “So… you in to her.”

“Oh no… We’re just bloody friends is all.”

“Really? I don’t believe that. You won’t just go out with any girl Spike! You’re way too picky. There has to be something there.”

Every time Xander would call William by his nickname, it always reminded him of high school. But he knew he was caught, he was indeed picky when it came to dating, it’s not because he was snobbish or anything, he just did not want to waste his time dating the wrong girl. “Maybe there is… but not ‘m not telling.”

Xander was about to say something, when suddenly his eyes were led to the front door of the club where two ladies have just walked in. One was a redhead, while the other one was a blonde. The blonde had her hair up in a clamp, some of them framing her beautiful face, which had some very light make-up and some gloss. “Hey, man. Look at the hot blonde.”

William turned his head to look at what Xander was pertaining to, as he saw the woman he had a sudden thought, ‘Buffy?’.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy and Willow had just gone back from Buffy’s apartment. They were now on their way to the Bronze as Willow asked her friend. “So what happened with that date you prepared for all so perfectly last week.”

“Oh, that. Well… the girl dump the guy and I ended up spending the whole night with him.”

“The whole night…” Willow said, glaring at Buffy, as if implying something.

“Oh no. Not that way... My Willow…” As both girls laughed hysterically.

“Wait. That guy was Mr. Blue Orbs right?”

“Yeah. That was him, his name is William.” Buffy replied, laughing a little at how the redhead described Will.

“So… How was he like?”

Buffy blushed, as she told Willow how she and William had spent the night, detail after detail. “… we just talked all night until we both fell asleep on the couch.”

“Ah… interesting…” Willow said as they both made their way to the Bronze. “Hey, this place isn’t so bad.” As Willow searched the whole bar for the pink-haired guy she met at the agency.

“Yeah… not half bad at all.” As Buffy eyed William who was at the 2nd table from the stage. At that moment, Buffy suddenly noticed that she and William’s eyes interlocked as he waved her over. “Hey Will, you will be alright here?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.” Willow replied as she made her way to the stage to see Oz playing a certain rock tune.

“ So, luv. What dose a girl like you doing here?” William questioned Buffy as he ushered her to sit.

“Why… Can’t a girl go to a club and have some fun.” Buffy replied with a smirk.

Xander eyed the two, looking at William as if saying 'introduce me to the lady'. “Oh, yeah sorry. This is Buffy, Buffy this is Xander.”

“Nice to meet you Xander.”

“Nice to meet you too Buffy.” As they shook each other’s hands. “So, can I get you a drink?”

“Yeah, diet coke please.” Buffy said to the brunette.

“And Xand, get me a another beer will you.” William inserted as Xander walked over to the bar mumbling something about how he always has to do everything.

“So… What are you really doing here, pet, never saw you around here before?” as William turned his head to talk to the blonde.

“Well… you see that redhead over there by the stage.” Buffy said while pointing to Willow, talking to Oz. “She kind of dragged me here because that guy, she’s talking to invited her here to watch his band play.”

“So, by how I see it. You’re here alone then, are you luv?”

“Yeah, I guess you can say that.” As she sees Willow and Oz getting in with their conversation.

“Do you want to go somewhere much less noisy, pet? I know a great spot.” As William prepared himself to get off his seat.

“Yeah, that would be nice.” As Buffy stood and went to Willow to tell her she will be leaving with William and not to worry, she has her cell on.

Xander then came back to the table to see… no one. “Great, leave me here all alone, why won’t you.” The brunette said into the air while cocking his head up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“So… where are we going William?” Buffy asked. They have been driving on for hours or at least for her. She always felt awkward around William, more now that she had told him some of the most intimate stuff about her. But she had to admit to herself that she does love being with him, last week was indeed amazing. She hasn’t had a real chatting session with anyone for a long time. With her sister in Sunnydale and Willow always busy on studies, she hardly gets to chat with anyone. Plus, William was a good listener and was very open to her. He would answer anything she asked, like they have known each other forever.

“Why, pet, you felling tired?”

“No, it’s just that… where are we going?” Buffy asked again.

“It’s a surprise.” William said with a huge grin on his face.

“Well… can you tell me?” Buffy questioned. She was extremely curious on where William was going to take her.

“You do know the meaning of the word, right?” As William laughed at the woman’s questioned. He planned on taking her to his favorite spot, just outside LA. He loves long walks at the beach, it reminded him the first time his father brought him to the here in LA when he was just three. He loved it here and knew that when he grew up he wanted to live somewhere near the ocean.

“Um…” Buffy was speechless. She did not know how to react to William’s snobbish remark.

“We’re here!” William announced. As he parked his car on the sand overlooking the ocean and lifted the hood of his black convertible.

“I did not know this car can do that.” Buffy said, pertaining to how the car’s hood was lifted. “Wow… this is a great view.” As Buffy looked out into the Ocean. She always loved the beach but hated the water.

“Yeah, guess it is. So, you wanna go for a stroll, pet?”

“I don’t know… are we even allowed to…” Buffy was cut off when William scooped her out of her seat and into his arms. “I guess I have no choice, now do I?”

“I guess not!” As William situated her feet on to the soft warm sand. “Let’s go then.”

They have been walking over a mile now, from where the car was parked. Buffy felt tired and thought that she needed to rest. William on the other hand was having a great time; he had lost track of how far they had been walking. He and Buffy had walked along the shore in silence. Both of them feeling the warmth of the sand and the sounds of the waves. They were both enjoying themselves, until William noticed that Buffy stopped and started to pant. “Are you okay, luv?” William asked, concerned for the blonde lady.

“I… just…need… to …take… a seat.” Buffy answered between breaths.

“Here.” William said, as he placed his leather coat at the sand for her to rest on.

“Thanks.” As Buffy seated herself on the sand. “Sorry, it’s just that I am asthmatic, and I forgot my inhaler in the car, I just need to relax a little.”

“It’s no big, pet. Don’t worry ‘bout it. I’m feeling a bit tired myself.” William lied, the truth of the matter is that he wanted to walk more, he wanted to show the entire beach to Buffy, let her see the spot that he most loved at the other end of the yellow land. Instead, he sat there with her a couple of minutes until she finally broke the silence. “Why did you bring me here?”

It took William a couple of seconds to process the question then answered. “Why, pet. You don’t you like it here?”

“No, it’s not that. It’s just that… well…” Buffy had no idea how to continue. She did not even know why she asked that question anyway. Maybe because Willow had told her that awkward silence made people say dumb things, but the silence they had on their long walk and now was not awkward, but not comfortable either.

William, thinking that Buffy was still a bit uncomfortable with him, after last week, he decided to drop the question and answered. “Because I always loved it here. I always said that someday I want to live somewhere near the water. I love the ocean, do you like the ocean, pet?”

Buffy swayed her head, left to right saying no.

“Why is that?”

At first Buffy was hesitant but decided to answer the older blonde’s question. “When I was a kid, my father brought me here. I was so excited, my dad said that I could play just by the shore while he gets us some food. I don’t know what happened to me but the next thing I knew the waves were bringing me farther and farther until I blacked out. Since then I’ve been scared of the ocean.” Buffy can’t believe that she just told William her biggest fear, something she has not told a single soul. Then there was silence, until Buffy said, “I know it’s stupid… It’s okay if you laugh.”

William kind of felt sorry for Buffy, damn him for being English, he loved the ocean when he was a child and for Buffy not to be able to experience the fun and joy of it was just not right. “It’s not stupid, pet. It’s okay that you’re afraid, everybody’s afraid of something. It’s just that you are missing a great deal.”

Buffy really feared the ocean and did not want to talk about it anymore as she changed the subject. “So… did Harmony call you?”

William was caught off guard with Buffy’s question, but decided to answer it anyway. “Yeah, we spent the whole week together, well not actually the whole week…” As William told Buffy the week he and Harmony had spent.

“So… I see… Do you like her?”

Again William was caught off guard with the blonde girl’s question. “Where did that come from, luv? Yeah, I like her, she’s a nice woman.”

“No, I mean do you like, like her?” Buffy asked with curiosity in every tone.

William laughed. He laughed to distract Buffy and maybe she will forget about the question. But it did not work as Buffy asked him again, “Do you like, like her, Will?”

“She’s okay, pet. I really don’t know how to answer your question.”

“Well… if your asking my opinion, I think you like her.” William looked at her with questioning eyes, as Buffy continued. “I saw you give her the rose when she was about to leave last week. I saw how you looked right through her, you like her.” Buffy said the last part with a mocking voice. “Admit it, you like her.”

“Maybe I do, but that’s none of you bloody business, luv.” As they both decided to retreat, seeing the sun almost rising, they made their way home.

to be continued...