Chapter 7 Buffy night

After their night at the beach, William and Buffy suddenly felt quite drawn to each other. William would call at the agency for no good reason, he would ask for Buffy and they would talk on for hours and hours. Buffy on the other hand would continue to answer to his calls, sometimes even neglecting her work. Over the past few months they have grown closer and closer. William would talk with Buffy about his and Harmony’s relationship, after of course she forces him to. They would see each other every Friday night. It was of course due to the insistent dating of both Willow and Oz. William and Xander would obviously be at the Bronze for their ‘boys night’; which Buffy knew of, as to Oz will be there for his weekly gig, wanting of course Willow to watch him. Willow would then ask Buffy to go with her, and of course knowing William was going to be there she would oblige. So every Friday “Is Buffy night!” Xander insisted. Xander liked Buffy, though she did object to the two of them dating. Buffy was nice and fun to hang around with, it’s just that now that William has a new girlfriend, Harmony, they hardly get to talk and do their manly thing. Every Friday which was supposed to be their ‘boys night’ have suddenly turned out to be ‘Buffy night’.

“Why would you say that?” William asked. Not listening to how Xander have explained it to him. He was caught up in his other thoughts, Buffy’s birthday is only a couple of weeks away, and he had yet to plan what to do. He and Buffy had gotten to be best buds over the summer and he thought he should do something special for her at her very special day.

“Oh my…” Xander exclaimed. He knew that from the first time William saw Buffy, he liked her, even though he would never admit it. “Man, were you even listening to my whole speech?” Xander asked, but when he heard no reply and noticed William getting up as if to meet up with someone, he knew it ‘Buffy is here’

“Hi Xander!” Buffy greeted cheerfully, it had been a good day at work. Their business was doing great; Buffy had fixed her apartment up with the money she had saved up. Good thing William was there to help her bargain for stuff she needed. She never thought that he would be the kind of guy who knew so much about decorating. “Hey Will, where’s Harmony? I thought she was going to be here tonight?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah. She said that she was going to be busy, she got a new job and wanted to impress her new boss.” William replied.

“So, I guess it’s just us then… Where’s Willow and Oz?” Buffy questioned. “I kind of have to ask her something.”

“Don’t know. After Oz’s last set, they kind of took off, did not say where they were going…” Xander answered the blonde girl’s question.

“Why, luv. What did you want to ask her?”

“Oh… it’s nothing.” As the trio sat there in silence enjoying each other’s company, until Xander announced. “Hey, got an early day tomorrow. We are gonna have to meet a new boss. New management and all that, have to run. See you guys around?” As Xander proceeded to the door, hearing the two blonde’s good-byes.

“So… How’s life treating ya, pet?” William questioned the blonde woman, a few seconds after his best friend had left.

“Life’s treating me fine.” Buffy said with a smirk. “The agency’s doing great! How ‘bout you?”

“It’s okay. Everything is fine.” William lied. He and Harmony had another one of their petty fights, according to her, “We are not spending enough time together Will. Please don’t go to the Bronze tonight… stay here with me.” The blonde pleaded.

At first, William was about to agree Harmony was right. They have not spent enough time together; her father was still ill and needed care. So Harmony would go to him after work because the private nurse they hired left. So for the past couple of weeks he and Harmony have seen less of each other. But remembering what he had promised to Xander, “Harm, you do know ‘bout our boy’s night right? You know I have to go.”

“Sure. Whatever! Be like that.” Harmony replied dismissively.

After giving out a sigh, he can’t believe that Harmony can be so childish sometimes. “Why don’t you just come with me baby? We can have a great time…”

“Thanks, but no thanks. I wouldn’t want to be disturbance to you guys, seeing Xander is more important to you than me.” The blonde woman answered.

“That’s not what I meant…” William could not continue, knowing Harmony, she would not stop until she gets things her way. So he just kissed her on the cheek and said goodbye before leaving for the Bronze. He figured that going to the Bronze will cheer him up and hopefully when he came back, Harmony would have already calmed down.

Seeing that the blonde across her was pretty much caught up in his thoughts she shook him for a while before he responded yet again. “Everything is fine.”

After a few unspoken moments. “Bloody hell, that guy at you back is checking you out! Can’t he see you're with a guy? Man, don’t look…” But before William could finish, Buffy turned her back to see a tall, well built man with brown hair as he approached their table. “Hey, I’m Riley.”

“Hi, I’m Buffy.” The blonde said with a smile spread across her face. “… And this is William.” Gesturing to the man whose eyes were glaring straight at the other guy who seems to be hitting on his companion.

Riley extended his arm to shake William’s but was responded by more glaring. Until he spoke, “What do you want, mate? No social life?”

“Will!” Buffy scolded, embarrassed to how William was acting. “Sorry, he did not mean it.”

“Yeah, I did.” The blonde replied with eyes still staring at the younger man in front of him. He never liked it when men hit on Buffy, especially when he is there. Maybe that’s why ever since they started hanging out, Buffy’s yet to have a boyfriend. He probably scared them off; he was very protective of the blonde with him.

Buffy just rolled her eyes her eyes at that and proceeded to talk with Riley. William was left there forced to listen to them yap all night until he and Buffy decided to head home. “Can you bring me home, Will?”

“Why don’t you ask that bloke to bring you home, luv” William answered, pertaining to Riley. “You two seem to be having a blast back there.”

“Sorry ‘bout that, he was great you know. Asked me to go out him next Saturday…”

“And… What did you say?”

“I said… yes.” Buffy replied shyly, her cheeks turning red.

“What? Buffy, how can you go out with that bloke? He is so wrong for you.”

“What’s wrong with him.” Buffy said defensively, she did not know why William would always object to her dating other guys. She certainly needed to go out ‘I have to get over this crush’ she thought.

“Well… there’s…” William trailed off, he actually had no good reason for why Buffy should not date this guy. It’s just that every time he hears about Buffy dating he has this sudden pain in his chest, it was not jealousy, definitely not jealousy or at least that’s what he keeps telling himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

‘There is nothing that can make this day better’ Xander thought as he made his way through the millions of workers in the construction site. “Okay, men gather up” As the men situated themselves in front of their leader. “We will meet the new owner of the corporation today. I don’t fancy being ganged at by the new boss, heard that he was really tough, so I would like you too work extra hard and fast today. We got to keep a good face, unless we want to be part of the homeless’ shelters family. Got that?” The men in front of Xander nodded their head in agreement. “Let’s get to work then.” As each of the men continued on to their assigned positions. ‘Let’s put on a good show’

‘This is the worst day ever.’ Xander thought as he made his way to the truck, which carried their alleged boss. This morning his alarm clock went dead, which made him rush in taking his shower, he almost bumped his head in the tiles because of all the hurrying. To make matters worst, he ran out of coffee and when he came to get his car, it had a flat tire.

As he neared the car, he noticed a man standing tall on the back door of the vehicle, he guessed that this was the new owner of the corporation. The man was tall; he was over 6 feet. Plus the man had a huge belly, he guessed it had to be beer belly. ‘There is nothing that can make this day better’ he thought again. “Good Morning sir, Alexander Harris.” As Xander extended his hand to the stout man in front of him. But the man just smiled and pointed toward the inside of the truck. Xander peeked his head in, there he saw the most beautiful woman ever, for him that is. She had her black lavish hair in a ponytail. She was wearing a white suite, usually worn by businesswomen, but had the neckline down to show her cleavage and the dress just fitted her curved body perfectly. ‘I guess I was wrong, this day ‘can’ get better.’

to be continued...