Chapter 1 How it all started

~~ The Bronze ~~

Spike and Xander were sitting at the bar drinking a couple of beers. Sulking on his failed relationships.

“So, are you drunk enough man?” The brunette asked his best friend while gulping another bottle of beer.

‘Not nearly enough’ William thought. This was supposed to be his 2nd year anniversary with Drusilla. But then she ended the relationship when she knew that he found out about her plot on getting a higher position on William’s publishing company.

“Ey, are you still there?” Xander asked. He has been worried lately about William this couple of weeks. Will had been used, lied to, dumped and to top it all of he is facing a lawsuit. He had never seen his British pal this cold and lonely; to think they’ve known each other their whole lives. He had been accompanying him all week, going into different bars and getting massively drunk. He thought this was enough; Will can have any girl he wanted in a second if he just paid attention to all the girls willing to throw themselves at him. He can’t quite figure out why he was moping over that slut, Drusilla anyway.

“Yeah.” Was all he said.

“Will, come on get a grip. You have to get over her. She is not worth it.” Xander then thought of what his co-worker Oz told him the other day. “I got an idea but I’m not sure if you’ll agree to it.” Hearing no response he then went out the door with William trailing behind him.

~~ Spike’s apartment ~~

“ ‘m bloody well not doing this.” William argued. It had been the day after they hangout at the Bronze and he thinks he hasn’t quite gotten over his hangover from last night

“I’ll be good for you, and it can’t hurt if you try.” A guy with bright pink hair replied.

“And who the hell are you?” the blonde asked, shocked to see a man with pink colored hair coming out of the kitchen holding a sandwich.

“Relax, okay. This is my friend Oz from work. Oz, this is my pal William” Xander introduced the two men, while trying to get the video camera set up.

“Relax? The man has bright pink hair and apparently raided my fridge already.”

“Oh, sorry bout that. Do you want some?” Oz asked before taking another huge bite out of his baloney sandwich.

William just cocked his eyebrow at that. “Whose idea is this anyway?” Still refusing to do the video.

“Oz here told me about the new match-making agency between 5th and Madison and suggested that you make a video, when I told him about your little love problem.”

“Hell, Harris. Why not just place an ad on morning paper about my bloody problems.” William’s voice got higher and higher on every word. Xander has been his best friend his whole life, but sometimes he can’t figure out why he can’t just stay out of other people’s business.

William knew what he had said was harsh and he knew that Xander was just trying to help, being the good friend that he is. It’s just that, he has always been unlucky when it comes to love. His first love Cecily, had broken up with him after high school because of the fact that he was, according to her, not good enough. She wanted to be free when she goes to college and meet better men. Then came Dru, she was one of those girls guys dreamt about. Things have been going great, they really had chemistry and he thought that maybe she might be ‘the one’ until he found out about her real intentions. This really made him think that maybe Cecily was right, he was not good enough, for anyone.

Oz and Xander felt the anger building up and decided that maybe they should just forget about everything seeing William is not in a very good mood right now and probably will knock the life out of them if they kept on pushing.

After William had calmed down, Xander approached him. “Hey man, really sorry bout the whole Oz thing. I was just trying to…”

William cut him off. “I know you were just trying to help, but I think that I bloody well can take care of my own love problems. No need for some agency to find a girl for me. That’s only for poofters”

“But Will it can’t hurt if you just try right? We don’t even know if anybody is going to respond.” The brunette said while trying to fix the video camera. He knew he was getting to him, he will give in.

Will knew they were getting nowhere with this, plus he would like to know just how many girls will be interested in him. He wanted to know if he still got the charm to swoop just about any girl, just like in high school. “Bloody hell! Fine! Just this once…” as the video player started to record.

to be contnued...