Author's Chapter Notes:
I know. Long time no update. As far as this story goes, I've been having extreme bouts of writer's block. "When I come around" is postponed due to the fact that, 1) It sucks all concentration away from this, and 2) the notebook that has the rough draft of that story has been temporarily kidnapped by a Spuffy hungry friend. PLEASE review. I need to know if people are still reading this.
Ch. 5: Rest In Peace

~Spike POV~

She’s here again. For hating me as much as she claims, she sure seems to be at my crypt an awful lot. Not that I mind, especially.

“Sun sets and she appears.” As I reach the upper floor I see her. And I see the haunted look that hasn’t left her eyes since she....since she returned. “Come to serenade me?”

“So, you know what’s going on.”

Bloody hell. I’m not completely daft. “Well, I’ve seen some damn funny things the past two days. A 600-pound Chirago demon makin’ like Yma Sumac. That one’ll stay with you. I remain immune, happy to say.” As I feel the weight of the liquor bottle in my hand, I can’t help but wonder... “Drink?” I ask, proffering the bottle.

Her eyes widen, green orbs permanently etching their vivid color into my mind. “A world of no. So, any idea what’s causing this?”

“Oh. So that’s all. You’ve just come to pump me for information.”

Her brows knit, and her nose scrunches as she looks at me, and I can’t help but wonder what’s going on in that pretty little head of hers.

“What else would I want to pump you for... I really just said that, didn’t I?” Her eyes widen, and a slightly panicked look crosses her face. I honestly can’t help but chuckle. But only a little. Little bint thinks she’s better than me.

“Yeah, well...don’t want to bore you with the small talk. Don’t know a thing.”

I can’t handle this anymore. She doesn’t want to be here. Better to have her go before I begin to enjoy this too much. Or, the more likely scenario, I make a fool of myself and get a punch to the sodding nose.

“What’s up? You’re all bad moody.”

“It’s nothing. Glad you could stop by.” Bleeding hell. She can see right through me. I can tell. She can’t hide anything in her eyes. “It’s nothing.”

“What?”

Oh, balls. I don’t think I’m as immune to this musical as I thought.

♪I died
♪So many years ago
♪But you can make me feel
♪Like it isn’t so
♪And why you’ve come to be with me
♪I think I finally know
♪Mmmm

~Buffy Pov~

Oh my God. He’s singing. William the Bloody is singing. And he’s incredible. I think this song as definite potential to be one of the best impromptu numbers that this...whatever...has brought about. And there’s also a definite yumminess factor. Oh no. I so did not say-think- that. Bad Buffy brain.

♪You’re scared
♪Ashamed of what you feel
♪But you can’t tell the ones you love
♪You know they couldn’t deal

Wait...What’s he...There are no feelings! Maybe. Okay, I’ll admit, the British-punk-vampire thing is kinda hot. Like his singing voice. But there are absolutely no...neutral feelings. Gah! I have a crush on Spike!

♪Whisper in a dead man’s ear
♪That doesn’t make it real

Wow. He’s right. Since I...died...Spike is the only one who truly understands me. Because, well quite frankly, he’s dead too. But not. Kind of like me. But not.

♪That’s great
♪But I don’t wanna play
♪’Cause being with you touches me
♪More than I can say
♪But since I’m only dead to you
♪I’m saying stay away

Have I really been that harsh to him? Is that really what he thinks? Didn’t I say last year that I saw the man and not the monster? Whoa. Slow down, Inquisitive Buffy. Too many questions. But, why...oh. Wait. It’s because of Xander and the others. I’ve been keeping up appearances for them.

♪So let me rest in peace
♪Let me rest in peace
♪Let me get some sleep
♪Let me take my love and bury it
♪In a hole six foot deep
♪I could lay my body down
♪But I can’t find my sweet release
♪So let me rest in peace

Um...I can’t help but wonder. Do I detect a double entendre in the ‘sweet release’ line?

~Spike POV~

How can she sit there with no emotion? Here I am, opening my sodding heart up to her-while singing, I might add-and she’s completely ignoring me. Bloody hell! That little bint is trying to leave. Well bugger that. She’s not going anywhere till she hears me out.

♪You know
♪You’ve got a willing slave
♪And you just love to play the thought
♪That you might misbehave
♪But till you do, I’m telling you
♪Stop visiting my grave
♪And let me rest in peace

Sod it all. If she wants to go...But I’ll be damned if I don’t walk with her.

~Buffy POV~

♪I know
♪I should go
♪But I follow you like a man possessed
♪There’s a traitor here
♪Beneath my breast
♪And it hurts me more
♪Than you’ve ever guessed
♪If my heart could beat
♪It would break my chest
♪But I can see
♪You’re unimpressed
♪So leave me be

How can he say that? Can he not see that right now I’m sad, vulnerable, lonely, slightly scared Buffy? Every time one of my friends, one of the Scoobies, insults him, can’t he tell that it cuts me, too? That every time he throws a not so friendly jab my way that it feels like another little part of me dies? For a creature with no soul, sometimes he shows more true emotion than the humans I know.

~Spike POV~

Bloody buggering hell. I can’t believe that after all of this she can look completely unfazed. Bloody woman.

♪And let me rest in peace
♪Let me rest in peace
♪Let me get some sleep
♪Let me take my love and bury it
♪In a hole six foot deep
♪I can lay my body down
♪But I can’t find my sweet release
♪So let me rest in peace
♪Why won’t you
♪Let me rest in peace

~Buffy POV~

Oh, god. How did this happen? I’m laying on top of Spike. So many naughty thoughts. So many naughty feelings. There’s only one choice in a situation like this-run like hell. Damn sexy voiced sexy vampire.

~Spike POV~

“So, you’re not staying, then?” Bloody hell. Could I sound like more of a ponce? She’ll be the end of me, that one. Someday, though, she’ll learn. Someday.