Ch. 3: Under Your Spell

~Tara POV~


“Do we HAVE any books on this?”

“Well who wants to be cooped up on a day like this? The sun is shining, birds are singing, those guys are checking you out...”

Did Willow just say what I think she did? About the guys, I mean. It is a nice day, therefore it is nice to get away from the Magic Box drama. And again with the checking out! That never happens.

“What?! What are they looking at?”

“The hottness of you, doofus.”

Willow just said I’m hot. And that in itself means more to me than if every guy in the world checked me out. But hey, it never hurts to have a little fun.

“That’s it! I’m cured! I want the boys!”

The look on Willow’s face as she pulls me back is just too priceless. I am completely in love with this woman.

“Do I have to fight to keep you? ‘Cause I’m not large with the butch.”

“I’m just not used to it, that’s all. Those guys really thought I was hot?”

It’s amazing how Willow can melt me with one teeny smile. I don’t know how she does it, but I can never get enough.

“And you can’t imagine what they see in you.”

I think I can imagine. And I think I am.

“I know exactly what they see in me. You.”

~Willow POV~


I so badly want to cry for joy or kiss Tara right now. Maybe both. Either way, it doesn’t matter. My angel is singing.

♪I lived my life in shadow
♪Never the sun on my face
♪It didn’t seem so sad, though
♪I figured that was my place

I remember when Tara’s family came to town for her birthday last year. How scared she was. Not of them, exactly, but of the vicious lie they led her to believe. If her family knew her half as well as I do, they would know that there is no possible way for there to be anything demon-y inside her. And to think, she didn’t even know any better.

♪Now I’m bathed in light
♪Something just isn’t right

Wait...Something isn’t right? Oh, goddess. She didn’t recognize the Lethe’s Bramble, did she? Oh...wait...she’s smiling. Whew. I can’t bear to imagine what would happen if she found out.

♪I’m under your spell
♪How else could it be
♪Anyone would notice me
♪It’s magic I can tell
♪How you set me free
♪Brought me out so easily

Oh, honey. The spell you’re under isn’t the one you think it is. Sure, love is a spell, too....sorta. I mean, this isn’t like in High School when Xander had Amy try and put a love spell on Cordy for him. I still can’t believe I went after him with an axe.

♪I saw a world enchanted
♪Spirits and charms in the air
♪But your power shone
♪Brighter than any I’ve known

Hee. I love fireworks, big or small, rockets or magic. Fireworks are just great. No matter what. Does Tara really think I have that much power, though? I mean, sure, I brought Buffy back, but I had help. Lots of it, even. I was just the one who went through the tests.

~Tara POV~


Who knew that singing could be this relaxing? I feel really...confident right now for some reason. Which leads me to the chorus of my song and an impromptu ballet. Joy.

♪I’m under your spell
♪Nothing I can do
♪You just took my soul with you
♪You worked your charm so well
♪Finally I knew
♪Everything I dreamed was true
♪You make me believe

I don’t know how it happened. One minute Willow and I are dancing in the park, and the next, we’re in our room! It must be our combined magics. After all, we have floated at the Bronze.

~Willow POV~


Okay, that was neat. Mental note: figure out how to teleport like that!

Tara looks at me through hooded eyes, and image of beauty, as she continues singing.

♪The moon to the tide
♪I can feel you inside
♪Surging like the sea
♪Pulled to you so helplessly

Oh. My. Goddess. She’s floating. Tara is floating three feet above the bed. This is so cool!

♪I break with every swell
♪Lost in ecstasy
♪Spread beneath my willow tree

Lost in ecstasy....spread beneath my...Wow. Those are quite the double entendres that she came up with, aren’t they? Kinda sounds like Tara’s ‘spicy talk’ is making a comeback.

♪You make me complete
♪You make me complete
♪You make me complete

Ditto, babe. Ditto. I’ll never sing it, especially during her big number, but in all reality, she completes me.




A/N: So? How was it? I know this one was sappier than the others, but whaddya expect–it’s a ballad. I hope I did OK with the characterizations. I doubt that this would do it justice if we had been enlightened to the actual thoughts, but I do what I can. Spuffy soon! I promise! The next chapter is gonna be ‘I’ll Never Tell’ but I’m throwing in the parking ticket song, cuz it’s funny. After that, we get the long-awaited ‘Rest In Peace.’ Although, I’m getting worried about Dawn’s Lament & Dawn’s Ballet. Should I just skip ‘em and go right to ‘What you Feel’ or not? Tell me what you think! R&R!