Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters, just having a little fun with them. They belong to Joss.
Rating: Nc-17 for adult themes and situations.
Summary: Buffy has a problem and asks Spike to help her with it. It has all sorts of supprising results.





Favours.

Buffy rushed into Giles apartment in a bit of a state.
"Okay Giles, what on earth is going on?" Buffy managed to grate out between clenched teeth.

"Buffy, slow down. What's the matter?" Giles took in Buffy's flustered appearance and waited for her to continue.

"Okay this morning I broke the handle on the door trying to open it..." Buffy winced at Willow.
"Sorry about that Will, and now, well me and Riley were kissing... and stuff and I broke his hand. Giles it wasn't anything heavy, I wasn't even..." Buffy looked away and blushed.

"So Buff, the farm boy doesn't get you hot and bothered huh?" Xander spoke up from his position on the couch, but was soon silenced by a dig in the ribs by Willow.

"Oh dear, I was wondering when this was going to happen." Giles sighed.

"When what would happen? Giles?" Buffy's voice had a tinge of fear in it.

"Nothing to worry about Buffy, you've reached your prime that's all." Giles looked at Buffy carefully almost like he was looking for some change in her.

" Err needing back story please." Buffy looked confused.

" Your strength has increased, your reflexes will be faster. Basically everything you could do you can now do better." Giles' mind was already ticking away as he thought of the various tests that would have to be conducted to see if Buffy had indeed reached her prime.

"Giles! Nothing to worry about? What... how. Can I have a normal 'relationship' without hurting him?" Buffy blushed and prayed that Giles knew what she was getting at, she really didn't want to explain herself to her watcher.

" Oh yes, I see what you mean. To tell you the truth Buffy I don't know." At Buffy's distressed look he quickly continued.
"But I shall consult my books and the council if necessary."

"How can you not know? I mean if this happens to all slayers." Buffy could feel herself starting to panic a little bit.

"Buffy, most slayers don't live long enough to prime..." Giles didn't know what else to say.

"Oh." Buffy sounded very down.

"I will do everything in my power to find out for and resolve this." Giles tried to put as much reassurance in his voice as possible. But the fact of the matter was that Slayers weren't designed to mate. Giles had the feeling that he already had the answer to her question but he would do his duty anyway.


All of the while this was going on, Xander and Willow had sat on the couch and not really said much. Buffy slunk over to them and slumped into a chair. Giles stood up and made his way to the kitchen, to make tea Buffy assumed.

" I know it's not the most important thing, but what am I going to do if I can't ever be close to a guy again? I mean it was bad enough with Angel. I couldn't be with him, so what now I can't be with anyone? And I really don't want my only experience with a normal guy to end with that shit Parker." Buffy sighed and Willows heart went out to her. But Xander was the first one to speak.

" Why don't you just try it and see what happens? I'd be your guinea pig." Xander fixed Buffy with a mock leer.

"Xander I couldn't, I might kill you." Buffy looked shocked.

"Yeah, but what a way to go..." Xander chuckled.

"Xander!.." Willow started but Xander cut her off.

"Kidding. Sorry to bail Buff, but I got to go meet Anya. Don't worry the G- man will work something out for you, or we'll just buy you something you can't kill in the throes of passion.. Buzz, Buzz." With that Xander cracked up and darted out of the door.

Willow looked at Buffy with something very similar to mischief in her eyes.
"What about trying it with someone you couldn't hurt?"
Buffy looked puzzled.

"Like who? The incredible Hulk?

"I was thinking about someone of the blonder persuasion." Willow gave Buffy a huge grin as she turned her head in shock.

"Oh come on Buffy, after the spell with you two, I've seen you checking him out." Willow spoke the truth she had seen Buffy giving him the once over but hadn't said anything. What could she say? She herself had dated a werewolf. Who was she to say anything at all if her friend jonesed for vampires.

Just at that moment Spike walked in the front door nursing his hand and using every curse he had ever learned. Buffy wasn't sure but she thought she heard some French in there somewhere too.

Giles came in from the kitchen to see what all the fuss was about and it occurred to Buffy that he hadn't gone to make tea at all he had left so she could talk to her friends alone. She smiled. They had all gotten used to the vampire coming and going from Giles apartment since Spike had been chipped and had asked for help.

"Spike what on earth is the matter with you?" Giles asked over Spikes little tirade.

"What? Oh nothing. Just some little prick of a demon thought he try his luck. He did manage to break my hand but believe me he was in w worse state when I left." Spike smiled evilly

"Why, what state did you leave him in?" Giles asked without thinking.

"Dead." Spike smiled.

"I walked into that one didn't I." Giles sighed. "Do you want me to take a look at your hand?"

"No thanks watcher, I've already set it, it will be healed by morning." Spike carefully extended his hand to look at it again.

Buffy glanced from Spike to Willow, the huge grin on Willow's face said exactly what she was thinking. Oh well it could be worse thought Buffy. He is kinda sexy, and not a bad kisser. And if this is the only way I'll find out then....

Buffy was jolted out of her thoughts as Spike spoke.

"I'm going to Willie's to get some more blood, it will help this heal quicker." He made to move to the front door. When Buffy jumped up from the chair.

"Hold up Spike, I'll come with you." Buffy moved to put her coat on, while ignoring the odd looks on the blonde vampire and her watchers face. And of course the massive dirty grin on Willows.


Once outside Spike turned to Buffy.

"Okay Slayer, come on give. What do you want?" Spike looked at her suspiciously.

"N- Nothing.... I just felt like some air." Buffy finished lamely. Oh God, How am I going to get round this one?

The rest of the journey was made to Willie's in silence. Once inside Spike gave Willy his order and sat at the bar. He took out a cigarette and lit it.

"So come on then Slayer, what do you want? Because I'm sure you not here just for my dazzling charm."

Buffy took a deep breath. It's now or never I guess. She looked at Spike and opened her mouth but had to lower her head to hide the blush that poured into her face and down her neck.

Spike just sat there and smiled, he tried to think of what could make the Slayer blush like a convent school girl. Then she spoke.

"Well I was err... Wondering.... that is err." She took a deeper breath. "Spike, I want you to sleep with me." Buffy blurted it out as fast as she could.

Spikes mouth fell open and he stared at her. Did she just say what I think she did? No she can't have. Fuck me, she did. All the times I've wanted her, and he she is now looking sexier than ever and she....

Spike was brought out of his thoughts by a burning sensation, he looked down at his lap and saw his cigarette smouldering away.

"What the..? Oh shit." He jumped up and brushed his lap off.

In all the years and situations that Buffy had faced vampires she had never felt more vulnerable.
Oh please don't let him say no. Buffy silently prayed. She wasn't exactly sure if she wanted him but she didn't want to know if he didn't want her.

"What's all this about Slayer?" Spike picked up a bottle of Whiskey that was on the counter and two glasses, then motioned for the slayer to follow him to one of the tables at the back of the bar. Once they were seated Buffy started to explain.

"Giles says it has something to do with me reaching my prime. It started with me ripping off door knobs and stuff and then when me and Riley were kissing I kinda broke a couple of his fingers or possibly his hand. I'm not sure." She sort of shook her head as if trying to clear her thoughts and get back to the point.

"The point of it is I don't know if I can have a human err.. partner without hurting them." Buffy looked at Spike waiting for a reaction.

Great, she wants to sleep with me to find out if she can fuck other men. Never going to happen. Spike nearly laughed at the thought. He didn't know when he had started to think of the slayer as his, but the depressing fact was she wasn't his and probably never would be. Well unless he wanted to be a guinea pig.

I'd give anything to have her . Spike thought suddenly. Maybe that's the problem. Spike gave a mental sigh. He knew that nothing in this life or unlife, as it were, was ever easy. Here was the Slayer offering herself to him on a plate, but there were just to many complications for it to be as easy as it sounded.

"Slayer..." Spike began but had to smile as he saw the Slayer take a big swig of the drink in front of her.

"What do you know about Vampires and sex?"

"What do you mean? You do it the same way as us." Buffy looked slightly confused.

"That's not what I mean." Spike sighed and looked at Buffy. "You want me to have sex with you and you have no idea of what it entails...." Buffy cut him off.

"Spike... me, Angel. You know?"

"Slayer, he has a soul. I don't. Fuck the prick didn't even claim you." At the mention of his sire's name Spike felt the anger creep in to him. But relief that Angel hadn't claimed Buffy. If he had the heartache that Buffy had endured would have been nothing compared to what she would have faced.
And Spike just knew that Angel would have still left her.

Part of him could understand why he had left, it would have gotten to the stage where they wouldn't have been able to keep there hands of each other. But as for the 'her own good' thing? Bollocks. If Angel had of seen what it had done to her. If it had of been Spike he wouldn't have left her, only in death, but then again Spike didn't have a soul to lose.

"Look, when Vampires fuck, and that's what we do, we fuck. It's about dominance and submission. It's about power, it's violent and bloody. Your worried about you hurting someone? Well just imagine what I could do to you." Spike prayed that she bought it, he didn't think he could come up with anymore excuses.

"Spike you couldn't hurt me" Buffy replied

"You might be the Slayer, but how well can you protect yourself with your legs wrapped around me?" Spike snapped, then softened as he saw Buffy flinch.

"I meant because of your chip." Buffy mumbled and looked down at the table.

Spike blinked slowly, he hadn't even thought about his chip.
If I can't do damage to humans without feeling pain, does that mean I can't fuck them? Spike didn't want to know. He already felt less of a vampire because of the fact he couldn't feed. He didn't want to know if couldn't perform in other areas as well.

"Slayer, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap but I'm trying to make you understand I don't do humans, I haven't since I was turned."

They sat in silence for a while before Buffy spoke.

"Spike, do you remember what it's like to make love?" Something like pain shone in her eyes.

"What?... No." For some reason he couldn't explain he didn't want Buffy to know that he had never 'made love' not even when he was alive. Even with all the tenderness with Dru, it had never reached the bedroom.

"Slayer listen..." Spike stood up. he had to get out of there and it had to be now.
"...I'm sorry, I can't help you." And with that he left.

Buffy sat for a while longer, until Willy came over and asked if there was anything else she wanted. She told him no and got up to leave.

On the way back to Giles' apartment she ran through a range of emotions.

Why did I ask him? Why did he have to say no? What's wrong with me, am I so repulsive he can't bare the thought of sleeping with me? The Pig! It's not like I asked him to open a vein.

As she got closer to Giles' she had settled on anger. Buffy entered and slammed to door, the walls shook with the force of it.

"Buffy, are you okay?" Giles asked somewhat carefully.

Buffy sat down, she was beyond embarrassed now so she told her watcher everything that had happened. Thankfully Giles remained silent throughout her little outpour, only speaking when she had finished.

"Well do not trouble yourself over this Buffy, we shall find a solution." Giles said softly.

Buffy managed a weak smile. "Thanks Giles. I'm going to head back to my dorm. I'll see you tomorrow." Buffy walked quietly to the door and let herself out.

Giles was livid.

About an hour the subject of his anger walked through the door.

Spike never knew what hit him. He had just made it through the door when a fist flew at him. He hit the floor more because of shock than any real damage. He looked up to see an enraged Watcher standing over him.

" You Bastard! You know how hard it must have been for her to ask you something like that. And what do you do? You say no. I know you want her Spike, so what happened? Your demon get the better of you, you little shit. After everything we've done for you." Giles was seething.

Spike listened to Giles' tirade before standing up barely keeping his anger in check. Part of him was glad that the slayer had people who cared so much for her, but the other part was angry that Giles had just let loose on him.

"Right, now it's your turn to listen." Spike grated out between clenched teeth.

Yes, I said No. You asked if my demon got the better of me? Yes my demon did and my body and my mind. Yes I want her, that's the fucking problem. I want her so much I can't have her without claiming her. Do you really want a bonded slayer on your hands? 'Cause that's what'll happen. So don't give me any of your shit okay?"

With that Giles moved over to the couch and sunk down onto it.

"Bonded? But how...?" Giles looked at Spike waiting for the answer he already knew.

"Because I love the stupid little chit, that's how." Spike moved to one of the chairs and sat down opposite Giles.

"Spike I had no idea, I always thought you hated her." Giles was genuinely supprised.

"Yeah well it's not something I want everyone to know." Spike had had enough.

"Spike your chip won't allow you to complete the bond. As far as I know the ritual of claiming requires blood." Giles didn't want to sound insensitive but for Buffy he'd try anything.

"Do you think it's really something I can risk?" Spike had to leave, confessing his undying love for the slayer, to her watcher no less really didn't sit well with him. So with out saying another word he got up and left.