Chapter 6

Spike halted before the open door, and held his arm out to stop Angel as well. He listened for a moment, it was Darla who had been crying, but Buffy’s voice was thick with emotion. Spike thought about the situation for a minute and decided the best way to approach it. He waved for Angel to go on downstairs.

He walked into the open door and spread his arms wide and announced

“Your love slave is here, how may I serve you?” He had a huge grin on his face; yep humour was the way to go.

Buffy smiled as she looked at him, he was obviously trying to lighten the mood.

Darla let out a chuckle.

“You were always so good at that Spike.” Darla wiped her eye’s.

The smile dropped off Buffy’s face as realization hit.

“You slept with her?” Buffy asked sharply.

Mayday. Mayday. The plan had backfired big time. Spike shot a dirty look at Darla before raising his hands in a calming gesture.

“Now, luv…” Spike started.

“You slept with her!” Buffy raised her voice.

“Buffy, come on, we’re talking about nearly a century ago! You’ve had sex with other people!” Spike tried to reason with her.

“Yes, but my ex’s aren’t sitting here staring you in the face.” Buffy ground out.

“Ah! Angel’s here, you slept with him!” Spike crowed almost triumphantly.

Darla snorted. “So have you.” Before breaking into a chuckle.

“You slept with Angel!” Buffy shouted in surprise.

Before Spike could answer a shout from Angel called Buffy out into the corridor.

“Buffy, Giles is on the phone he says it’s important.” He called up.

Buffy sent Spike one last withering look before storming out of the room.

Darla wiped the teats from her eyes with another chuckle and looked at Spike.

“Thanks, I feel much better now.”

Spike growled at her and stalked out of the room.



Buffy stomped down the stairs and stopped before she got to the phone.

“Just for the record, is there anyone here who hasn’t had sex with Spike?” She looked pointedly at Angel who coughed slightly and turned away.

Buffy walked over to the phone, muttering to herself and picked it up.

“Hi, Giles.”

“Hello Buffy, from the sounds of things, all is well?” Giles asked, his voice dripping sarcasm. He hadn’t wanted Buffy to go to LA.

“Just peachy thanks.” Buffy ground out. “So what’s so important?”

“The council knows about the baby.” Giles said carefully.

“Which one?” Buffy gasped.

“What? What do you mean which one? Buffy?” Giles asked confused.

“What? Sorry, nothing, it’s been a long day.” Buffy covered quickly, how would Giles know about Darla.

“Buffy I think they might send someone to try and take it, they seem very interested in it.” Giles voice was laced with worry.

“Well how do they know? Did you tell them?” Buffy demanded.

“Of course not. They don’t know that I know that they know. A source of mine passed on the information that they were looking for you.” Giles answered, hurt that she would think that.

“I’m sorry Giles. But no one is going to touch me or my baby.” From across the room Buffy heard Spike growl and waved a hand to silence him.

“Well thanks for giving us a heads up. I’ll call you later.” Buffy hang up the phone, her brain ticking into overdrive. The council were human, so Spike couldn’t help. Angel had a lot on his plate at the moment so he was out, what to do.

“Angel I want you to pull a few strings. Spike pack a bag, your going to get your chip out.” Buffy lifted a finger and pointed wearily at Angel.

“Not one word. Just do it.” Buffy walked over to the couch and plonked herself down on it.