Its been three months now. Still no change. We have now turned off the bloody beeping of the monitors. All they do is tell us that everything is the same anyway. It was beginning to make all of us go insane.

We all pray for a miracle every day. Angel feels bad praying for another one when one for him had so recently been fulfilled. Cordelia is still in a hospital, but every day she is getting better. You can tell because she has started complaining about everything in true cheerleader fashion.

Angel made her the one promise to her that he has never made to anyone, at least in the century that I’ve known him. As soon as Cordelia can walk again, they’re getting married. He had tried to tell her that with him she would never have a normal life. That’s when the bird socked him on dead in the face. You should have seen it pet it was hilarious.

Seems she had the choice a few years back to have the life she always wanted, but chose to save Angel’s hide instead. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a woman that mad, including you luv. Cordelia said she didn’t want a normal life, she liked the one she had just fine. She had seen too much, done too much to ever be a normal woman. Figured as long as she knew these things she might as well do something about them and Angel could either do it side by side or she would do it alone. To leave a long story short they kissed and made up and their wedding day is quickly approaching.

I’m finally out of that torture chamber of death. Dawn says we should keep the damned chair around seeing as how I need one every few years. I’m walking now with a cane and visit you every chance I get.

For some reason your nurse always makes a hasty exit whenever I come into the room. She either knows I like my privacy with you or I scare the bird witless, which probably wouldn’t be a hard task to perform.

Its nice to walk into a sunlit room without frying to a crisp. Angel had this special glass installed in all the windows of the house including the atrium. Everything now is crispy vamp proof.

Angel and I spend a lot of time in the atruim, there is an indoor pool and I like to swim with the sun on my face. Its so ironic to both of us to love the sun after having seen its destructive forces more than once on our kind. Brings back the memories of getting rid of the Annoying One.

Just like now the sun is filtering over your face. What once held the quintessential California tan is now almost as pale as mine. Your hair is quickly changing back to brunette. I still can’t decide which color I prefer more, my goldilocks or the exotic beauty that is showing more every day. I will let you decide when you wake up.

But I’m sitting here beside you know to pay my usual visit. I will always try to write my conversations down for you so that you know what I said to you. Luckily Angel past on most of his photographic memory to me. One good thing about having the Poof for a grandsire.


“I’m here luv. Come to pay my usual visit and to tell you all the things that have been going on. Doesn’t change much from one day to the other, at least not anymore.”

I’m sitting here like I always do with your hand in mine. Some days I just sit, some days I read to you. Depends some days as to what I read you. It’s either the newspaper or literature that I have grown to live over the years. Everyone talks to yoiu, never knowing wether you can hear us or not.

“Nibblet got all A’s on her finals. Starting tomorrow she’ll be here for two weeks. A group of her friends wanted her to go to Aculpulco. She told them that she wanted to be home with her family, besides she’s a bridesmaid in the wedding.”

“The wedding is next weekend. Can you believe tthat Angel agreed to having a wedding in the sun? Course it’s going to be in thearrium so no chance of getting fried. A floor is being put over the pool so there’s extra space for chairs and what not. It’s going to start at sunset and should be finished at twilight, kind of nice them bringing both worlds together. We found out a couple of days agao Cordelia still gets these visions, but she’s fully human now. The visions are not hurting her anymore, seems that was a problem in the past.”


Sometimes like now I lay my head on your chest and listening to your heartbeat. I can feel it against me and its one of the most comforting feelings in the world. It seems I always do the same thing when we’re together. I brush your hair back from your face and I kiss your beautiful nose and brow. By that time grief is catching me in the chest and I always know that I won’t be able to stay much longer or someone will walk in with me sobbing all over you.

“I just wish it was us pet. You would make such a beautiful bride. We could do everything that you wanted when Red did that spell. We could even have the sunlit ceremony you wanted without me turning into the big pile of dust. I would love nothing better in this world or any other to be your husband and mate.”

This is the part when every day I lean over, running my fingers through your hair and sing our song just loudly enough for you to hear.

It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.
So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strain.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.
Did you ever know that you're my hero,and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.
It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.
Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.
Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.
Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

“I love you Buffy Anne Summers and someday no matter how long it takes you’ll be my wife. All I have in life that matters to me is you, Nibblet and time.”


By this time I gently kiss your lips, usually with tears rolling down my face. I pick up my cane and with my head held as high as I can get it I limp out of your room. Behind me on this day your monitors continue beeping almost as if I had never been there at all. I know that I have and for now that is all that matters.