Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for the reviews! Big, squishy hugs to SarahandJamesFanatic, PhotographyNut and DaniD. You rock so much!
The group went to have their gym class that afternoon, the easiest class in all of their opinions (except Willow, who’s eye-hand co-ordination wasn’t the best) as gym doesn’t require too much thinking other than ‘pass’ and ‘shoot’.

Today was the day in which the male soccer team picked its members. To pass the challenge and get on the team, you needed to get at least 4/5 goals in a penalty shoot-out style, and that was only in the hope that there weren’t too many younger soccer geniuses in the lower grades.

Spike got 3/5, not enough to get on the team. Devon got 2/5 and that was only because the goalkeeper had been staring at Cordy as the girls were doing their volleyball challenge. Oz got 4/5, he was always GOOD at sport, it was just that he didn’t like to admit it. Angel got 5/5 easily; he was on the team last year. Jesse got 0/5; he was always bad at sports of any kind. Gunn got 4/5 without too much trouble. Robin only got 1/5; he had been distracted by Faith constantly blowing kisses at him.

Xander blew away everyone’s expectations- he got 5/5, an automatic admission onto the team.

“Well done whelp.” said Spike in a daze that Xander had turned into a soccer whiz over the space of a day.

Meanwhile, the girls were in the midst of their volleyball challenge, similar to the soccer trials in that whoever seemed tactically gifted would be considered for the team.

Faith had been captain during their previous year and was particularly thorough when it came to beating an opponent. Sunnydale High had won many trophies because of Faith’s leadership skills as a captain, having lost only in one final which as it turned out, had been rigged which is why a majority of the team came out of the match injured quite badly.

At the end of the class, their gym coach read out the names of people on the teams.

“O’Liam is going to be captain, with Harris, Gunn and Osbourne on the team. Nice work men!”

Angel leaned over to Gunn and muttered something that Buffy couldn’t hear and Gunn nodded in agreement.

“On the volleyball team, Lehane will be reprising her captain title, and she will be joined by Young.”

Kendra and Faith grinned at each other.

“I also noted that while she may not have taken centre stage, she passed often, taking advantage of situations, so Summers will be on the team as well.”

Buffy’s eyes widened and she looked at Faith and Kendra, who immediately flashed bright smiles at her.

She couldn’t believe it. First she passed a French test, now she was going to be on the volleyball team with Faith and Kendra.

‘This day just has to have a pitfall’ thought Buffy, and with a pang she remembered the band had to practise for their performance at the Bronze that night.

It was the annual pre-fumigation party, which was always packed with people trying to get free drinks (one cockroach = one free drink), and at the last few gigs that the Dingoes had played, there had been music mogul-types with expensive suits watching them. They made her nervous and she hoped that they would be too ritzy to want to come to a bug-squishing party at a small town’s local club.

“Alright people, hit the showers.”

As soon as Buffy had finished getting changed, Faith and Kendra packed her up and paraded her around the school corridors shouting, “This is the brand new volleyball girl! Check her out!” (In Faith’s case) and “Come an’ see de newest Voll-ayball playa!” (In Kendra’s case).

People in the corridors chuckled, cheered and whooped, while Buffy blushed and giggled. Kendra and Faith laughed along and put Buffy down in front of her locker.

“So, B, the practises are on Monday afternoons, don’t miss ‘em” said Faith

“I won’t.” replied Buffy

“Right. Well, we’ll see yeh lay-teh, at de Bronze. See yeh lay-teh Buffy.” Said Kendra and She and Faith walked out of the main doors.

Buffy smiled to herself, opened her locker door and placed her school books inside, not noticing the bleached-blond Brit hiding behind her locker door.

She shut the door and jumped out of her skin when she saw the piercing blue eyes and evil leer of he bandmate.

Spike smirked all the more when he saw her flinch at seeing him.

“Did I scare you, pet?” asked Spike innocently, the smirk showing that he was anything but innocent, he had meant to scare her.

“Shut up Spike or I’ll use my pals on the volleybal team agains you, and they are judo experts.” Buffy snapped. She was sooo not in the mood for Spike’s teasing games.

“Devon just asked me tomake sure that your new schedual wouldn’t affect band practise in any way.” Said Spike, more seriously, the smirk having disappeared.

“Sure, volleyball’s on Monday afternoons, there’s no worry. We practise on Thursdays and Fridays.”

“Okay, see you later and say hi to the bit for me.”

“Huh?”

“Your sister. Dawn? Yay high with green eyes, about 14 years old?”

“Oh.” Great, now I’m miss-forget-your-sister-exists, “Sure. See ya tonight.”

“Yeah, later Goldilocks.”

‘you can talk bleach-boy’ Buffy thought to herself.

She watched Spike exit the school building, his leather jacket swirling behind him. Buffy would never admit it to anyone, but she had always liked Spike. But she had always told herself that he had Drucilla, and would never notice her more than in a platonic friend way.

Buffy smiled to herself, and finally followed the rest of the student body out of the main doors of the school.

She looked around for her mom’s car, but noticed that there was she wasn’t there.

Her cell phone began to ring out the chorus of ‘Pretty Vacant’ by the Sex Pistols, a prank that Spike had pulled in an attempt to piss her off, but she secretly adored the tone and didn’t have the heart to change the tone to something else.

She pressed the answer button and lifted it to her ear.

“Buffy?” it was Joyce.

“Yeah Mom. Where are you?”

“I’m going to be late home tonight, there’s a problem with some of the Ghanaian tribal art, half of it’s missing so I’m gonna have to sort this out. Will you be okay going home today?”

“Sure, I’ll just hitch a lift from someone, it’s no biggie.” She replied.

“Okay honey. Just make sure you don’t stay up late waiting for me.”

“Okay. Bye mom.”

“Bye sweatheart.”

Click.

Buffy looked around and spotted Spike’s DeSoto. She raced over and tapped on the window.

Spike wound down the window and looked Buffy.

“Little help?”

~+~

“Thanks for the ride Spike.”

“Yeah, you owe me one now though.” He leered at her in a suggestive manner.

‘Please take the hint. NO! Don’t take the hint I’m with Dru!’ Spike mentally kicked himself for nearly flirting outright with Buffy.

“I suppose.”

‘Thank fuck. She didn’t notice.’

“See you tonight then, Goldilocks.”

“Yeah, bye.”

He drove off past the Summers house on Revello Drive.

“Jesus.” He said softly as he thought about Buffy.

‘Block out them thoughts mate. You’re going out with a girl who’s literally crazy for you. Buffy’s off limits as it is. Relationships in bands destroy the bands.’ he told himself strictly.

He put a tape in the tape player of his car and set the volume to max.

The Gary Oldman version of ‘My Way’ blared out of the car as Spike drove down to the Bronze to help set up their equipment.

Everything had to be perfect for that gig. There had been black suits watching them last time and he was hoping that they were the music industry big-wigs. Ones that could catapult the Dingoes into superstardom.

~+~

A/N- So what do you think? Like it or Hate it, please review!!! By the way, I’ll need at least 5 reviews to post the next chapter. Also, let me know what you think will happen next, I might just surprise you...