Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for the reveiws!
SarahandJamesFanatic, sam, *bite me* and PhotographyNut, you guys ROCK!!!
_______________________________________________________________________________

The next day was the day Buffy had been dreading all week-she had a French test in 3rd period and had been so wrapped up in telling her mother about The Dingoes that she hadn’t studied at all.


But she wasn’t the only one. When she spoke to a close friend of the band, Xander Harris, he paled and immediately got out his French book and started asking for hot chocolate in French. A similar effect happened on the rest of the band and the band’s friends… minus Willow, Oz, Doyle Summers (Buffy’s dad’s cousin’s son), Tara Maclay (Willow’s computer science partner) and finally Kendra, the newest addition to the school since Buffy and Faith had arrived during the last year.


They agreed to meet in the Library a morning break to study, just before they would trudge slowly and miserably towards the foreign language corridor.


“I don’t see the point. I’ve never liked the French… hmm, maybe that’s coz I’m English but still, I don’t see where French will ever take me…” moaned an experated Spike, “Seriously, I’m never gonna even GO to France, much less talk anything but English there anyway.”


There was a massive pile of French language books on the floor and despairing looks from 10 of the gang.


“Well, we ain’t gettin’ anywhere by moanin’ an’ gripin’ are we?” said Doyle.


“I agree with Doyle” said Faith, raising a weary arm.


BBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ


“Oh fu-“ Spike started to say but was cut short.


“Shush! You are in a library, not behind the bleachers Mr. Pratt.” Said Giles, the now annoyed-looking, tweed-clad upper-class British man standing behind the concierge desk of the library.


“And you also need to get to your lessons. I would hurry, the late bell is about to go.”
Said the assistant Librarian, Wesley.


The group grudgingly left the Library, splitting off for their different lessons. The final 10, consisting of Buffy, Spike, swim team captain Angel O’Liam, Devon, Cordy, Jesse, Harmony, Xander, new girl after Buffy and all-round bad girl Faith Lehane and finally Charles “Never call me by my first name” Gunn, walked through the corridors to get to French.


They made it to the room just seconds before their teacher did.


“Bonjour class.”


“Bonjour” came the monotonous grumble of the French ‘Hello’.


Buffy sat next to Faith and Spike, respectively each one on her left and right. This meant that copying each other’s work was OK, and it also provided faster note passing. But it appeared that today was the day that their teacher noticed.


“I’ve made a seating plan. You will sit in these seats for the rest of the semester.” She said, smiling at the cries of “WHAT???” by Faith and “You’re off your rocker!” by Spike.


When the seating plan had finally been laid out, Buffy was now sitting all the way at the back and the only person she knew well enough to be allowed to copy from was Angel.


Angelus O’Liam, to give him his full name, would fit the ideal description most girls ask for in boyfriends. He was tall, dark-haired, and handsome. But Buffy had never felt any kind of attraction towards him, and the same was true for himself.


“You may begin.” Said their seemingly evil taskmaster, and there was a rustle of people turning open their booklets.


She tried, she really did, but French wasn’t one of her strong points. So she let her eyes casually flick to Angel’s paper. She looked for the answer to question 4 and found Angel’s eyes staring at her with a small smirk.


He ripped a small piece of paper off his test paper, scribbled something on it, and passed it to her.


She opened the note.


“The answer to number four is 'limonade' you ninny!”


Buffy turned the paper over and wrote on the back “Thanks but don’t insult me next time Angel. From B”


She handed it over and promptly crossed-out her pathetic answer and wrote in ‘Limonade’.


She carried on with the rest of her test, and at the end, when she handed in her paper, she couldn’t help but think that she might have actually PASSED this one.


She waited nervously in her seat, as people went up to the desk to get their test scores. She needed a 12/20 to pass.


At last, Buffy’s name was called.


She walked nervously up to the desk and her teacher pointed out her mark.


13/20. A pass.


Buffy had passed a French test. A FRENCH test. She had passed.


The bell went for the end of the class and Buffy went to Math feeling slightly dazed, like it was all a dream.


When Math finished, she went behind the bleachers for lunch as usual. There were usually around 15 people in the group, consisting of the band, friends of the band and friends of the band’s friends.


Today was no exception as those present were Buffy, Spike, Xander, Willow, Kendra, Faith, Devon, Oz, Spike's girlfriend Drucilla Lamia, Cordy, Jesse, Harmony, Kendra's friend Gunn, Tara and Tara's friend Anya.


Buffy sat down across from Spike and next to Willow.


“So, what’s with you and lover-boy?” asked Spike non-chalantly.


“What?” asked Buffy, genuinely having no clue as to what Spike was talking about.


“Angel. You two were passing notes at the back of the class


“He caught me looking at his paper, the note had the answer to number 4. I passed it back telling him not to call me a ninny.” She replied.


“Really? So at most 50% of the school fancies him, and you’re not in that 50%?”


“Nope. He’s just a friend. And besides, he called me a ninny. Whatever that is.”


“That may have rubbed off from Doyle. Y’know, Irish families ‘n’ all.”


“What’s rubbed off from me?” asked Doyle, who had finally arrived with Robin Wood, Faith’s boyfriend. They were always late because of Drama meetings on Friday’s lunch hour.


“Angel calling Buffy a ninny.” Replied Spike.


“Oh, yeah well, don’t take it teh heart mi lickle cousin.”


“O-Kay? Who else is wondering where the name-caller is?” asked Buffy, noticing that Angel wasn’t there.


“What do you care about peaches Summers? Tall, dark and forehead is probably at swim team practise.” Said Spike.


"I'm on the swim team, there's no practise on Fridays." Robin replied.


“Hey, B. Look who’s commin’ to say hi!” said Faith, pointing towards three figures definitely walking towards the back of the bleachers.


One was tall with wet hair, the one to the middle one’s left had reddish-brown hair and was a girl and the one on the right was about 3 inches shorter than the middle one.


As they came closer, Buffy recognised all three of them.


“Oh crap.” She said, remembering that Dawn had been moved up to high school even though she would normally be in junior high.


“Isn’t that your sister?” asked Willow, “Why’s she here?”


“She got moved up a grade. She’s on the honour roll remember?” replied Buffy.


“Oh yeah. I forgot. So, she’s like, joining us?”


“I guess.” Said Buffy in a non-committal way.


Angel, Dawn and Angel’s younger brother Connor, sat down with the gang. Buffy looked at Connor and noticed that he was looking at Dawn a lot.


“Hey, Ange. Why’s ya hair all wet?” asked Faith.


“I was practising by myself. I prefer to be alone when practise.” Replied Angel.


“Oh. So, why’s your brother here with us?” asked Tara Maclay, columnist of the Sunnydale High newspaper, Hellmouth.


“You’re Captain Forehead the second?” asked Spike, looking at Connor.


“Don’t call me that Spike.” Said Angel


“Aw, y’know I’m only bloody jokin’ you arsehole.” taunted Spike.


“I mean it!” yelled Angel.


“Jesus Christ! Calm down it was only a bloody joke!” Spike yelled back.


Kendra Young, normally the hardest to get a chuckle out of, began to giggle at the boy’s outbursts.


They turned to look at her, Spike arching an eyebrow and Angel frowning.


“I am sorry. But, de wey yeh act ‘round each uther, it reminds mi of de wey mi grandperents act ‘round each uther. Alweys seyin’ ‘I tink dis’ an’ ‘no wey!’, reminds mi o’ home.” She said, going misty-eyed as she remembered Jamaica.


The boys stopped arguing and they both let out a deep sigh at the same time, promptly making them glare at each other angrily.


This set off Kendra giggling again, shortly followed by Faith and Tara, then Buffy, Cordy and Harmony, and finally all the girls were in fits of laughter on the ground.


Then the boys began to laugh at the girls’ behaviour, until even Angel and Spike, who had both had their heads cocked to the side at what was so funny, let out a few chuckles.


“Oh man, I’m not gonna pass that gym challenge today,” Said Xander, tears in his eyes as he stretched his arms, “I’ve got a stitch from laughing.”


“Yeah let’s get to class before Snyder catches us.” Said Devon getting up.


“My Spike is in the sunshine of this group.” Murmured Drucilla as she pulled him up from the ground.


“Yeah baby. Now let’s go and get bored in class.” Spike smiled at his girlfriend. She was slightly insane and was very artistic. She always wore long dark dresses and dark make up.


“Ok, let’s go.” Said Buffy, and the group walked towards the main building as the bell went for 5th period.

~+~

So? I'm gonna need AT LEAST 5 reviews before I post chapter 3, I need to make sure people are enjoying this, and also reviews are the only payment I get.