Author's Chapter Notes:
Candie:Okay! yay! Chapter three! I hope you like! Its had my wonderful betas look over it thanks agin Allie,Mia, Tina!
Chapter Three: Wonders



When Buffy woke up the next day she thought it had just been a dream. She felt a tight hold around her waist and her slayer senses were screaming out that there was a Master vampire next to her.



What if this is a dream? Or what if I died? Buffy thought, because she could hear Spike's breathing and feel his arms tight around her. If heaven is real, this is definitely it.



She let out a sigh and for the first time since Sunnydale collapsed she felt like she could wake up, face the day and live without having to have an hour of 'cry time' alone in her office.




She turned over to see Spike lying next to her with his arm over her side, his bright blue eyes open.When she looked into them, she got lost.




"Mornin' pet," Spike greeted huskily, but Buffy couldn't respond. Instead she pulled herself closer to him.




God, look at him! Those eyes and that smile. Oh! No shirt, I could get very used to this, Buffy thought as she snuggled up to Spike.




"Hey."




"You okay luv?"




"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just happy right now and I'd like to stay like this for as long as possible 'cause God knows what I'll have to face today," Buffy said in a small voice.




"I thought you weren't the only slayer now, pet."




"You're right, but I still have to lead and protect the others."



Spike stared at her in awe.She gave everyone around her so much but got so damn little in return.




"Spike?" Buffy asked sheepishly.




"Yeah luv?"




"W-what I said in the Hellmouth, did you really not believe me?"




God, Spike thought. She's so bloody sexy when she gives me that scared little girl look!




"Don't know, luv. I sort of did but I also didn't 'cause I was about to die so I wasn't sure if you were just sayin' that or not." He looked down into her eyes to see what she thought about what he'd just said.




Buffy looked up into his eyes and spoke to him with the most courage she could muster. "I love you Spike, and I have for a while and will forever."



Spike's heart just about burst out of his chest.




"You do?" he asked hopefully. He was putting his heart in her hands and he hoped that she wouldn't break it.




"Yeah, I do."



With that Spike beamed.




"Love you too, pet."




"I believe that we had this little 'I love you' talk on the phone last night, right?" Buffy asked, sounding sheepish again.




"Yeah but I wasn't sure if I heard you right."



Buffy smiled at him and sat until her alarm went off.




"God, this sucks," Buffy said as she stretched.




"Tell me 'bout it pet. But, I was gonna say something about you no longer being the only slayer," Spike commented, finishing with his sexy smirk.




"What about it?" Buffy asked, giving him a playful smile.




"Well luv, I was thinkin' bout you and me havin' this week off."



Buffy was shocked, but in a good way. She never had a day off from being the slayer - much less a week!




"What did you have in mind?" Buffy asked excitedly.




"Well I was thinkin' 'bout goin' to somewhere like Hawaii or somewhere tropic, but there's this problem I got with the sun. So, how 'bout we stay here in Rome and go get ourselves a fancy hotel suite and forget about you bein' a slayer or me bein' a vampire just for a week.

What do you think pet?"




"I'd love to, honey," Buffy said sweetly as Spike reached down to her lips and kissed her.




"Right then, luv. You go get your day cleared as I make the reservations."




"Okay Spikey," Buffy said as she pulled out a pair of blue jeans and a white top and scampered across the room and into her bathroom. She couldn't belive that she was calling Spike 'honey' or 'Spikey'. She only did that when she loved someone more than words could express.




My God, I really love this man.




Spike made phone calls to different places to make reservations for later that night. He was glad that he could help Buffy feel like a normal girl, not a slayer but a true twenty-seven year old woman should. Happy and loved.




Buffy walked out of the bathroom and told Spike that she needed to tell Willow what she was up to. When she reached her office she saw Willow waiting.




"Hey Will," Buffy greeted.




"Hi Buffy, you seem happy this morning," Willow replied with a hint of playfulness in her voice, like she didn't know what happened in Buffy's room last night.



Buffy was glowing. "Thats because I am. Wow. I haven't said that in awhile."



Buffy was indeed truly happy. She had her Spike back with her and she felt as if she could face anything if he was with her.




Willows face brightened up; she was up to something, for sure.




"So Buffy, the crew and I have been thinking about how you never get a day off and how much you need it, so how would you like some time off?"




Buffy was shocked at her best friend but she accepted the offer and asked for a week.




"Sure Buffy, hey, take two if you need it. Spike's taking you somewhere special, isn't he?"




"Yeah, he is," Buffy said openly to Willow. Buffy always thought that Willow was a good friend at accepting her judgment on people that she dated.




"Okay. Beat it, missy!"



With a laugh, Buffy left her office.




Willow relaxed back into the chair. She was so glad to see Buffy happy with the man she loved. After the battle in Sunnydale and seeing the hurt on Buffy's face being wiped away by Spike, it made her feel like Buffy could have more of a normal life which she wanted so badly. With a hopeful sigh she got up and left the room.




Buffy and Spike packed up clothes and other things that they might need. At seven they left for the hotel in a limo.




After they'd left Dawn was extremely happy for her sister.




"Aren't they just so perfect for each other?" Dawn chimed in.




"Damn yes!" A girl named Tiffany said.




"I remember the fight. Oh god it was all messy with the dust and the-" Tiffany was cut off by a screaming Dawn on the floor.




"Dear lord!" Giles shouted as he ran next to Dawn.




"Shit! God that hurts! OWW!" Dawn screamed out again but recovered quickly.




"My god, step back, everyone take five steps back!" She yelled out in pain as green light ran through her.




"DAWN!" Another woman yelled, running to her side.



By the time Dawn had stopped glowing she had passed out and was lying down on the floor, looking lifeless.