A/N: Okay, another shorty here. I've got the first 3 typed up, Ch 4 started, and the rest written on paper.

I hope you guys like this so far, I know there's a lot of post-series fan-fics, but I felt the crazy urge to write one. No, I don't include the comics. I find the storylines to be really stupid (Sorry, Joss, I still heart you!).

I originally posted this on Wattpad, as far as this chapter, and I stopped using the site months ago, only to see that I've gotten more Buffy fans, and comments on this story and "Where Do We Go From Here?" in the last week, so I'm redirecting everybody here, maybe I'll rejoin that old page, who knows?

I really should start working on a banner for this, but I can't get any good pictures of JM with dark, unshaven hair. Plenty of really pretty SMG ones, but he eludes me!

CHAPTER FOUR: AN UNWELCOME SURPRISE.



Spike felt as though his heart would burst from sheer happiness. Again, a feeling he hadn't experienced in over seven years. Slayer always brought it out in him.


Lying on the narrow hospital bed, and Buffy curled up to his side with a sleepy grin on her lips, Spike felt that he could die there and then, and be happy forever.

'Course, dyin' doesn't really seem to be workin' with me...

He relaxed back against the pillows, absentmindedly running his fingers through her hair. God, he'd missed this!

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Spike started and looked up to see an angry man, glaring at him from the doorway.

"Oh right, guess the visitors aren't 'sposed to be lyin' on the beds," Spike apologized, taking this man to be a member of the hospital staff. "Sorry, mate."

He slid off of the bed, but kept one hand stroking Buffy's face tenderly, drawing his finger lightly along her bottom lip...

"Take your hands off of her!" The other man growled possessively.

Spike raised his eyebrows, and looked up at him with barely concealed amusement.

"Pardon?"

"I said 'take your hands off of her!'" The other man spat. "You've no right to touch her like that, whoever the hell you are!"

Moving away from Buffy's side, he faced the taller man. He tilted his head to the side, his relaxed stance meant to show his opponent he wasn't intimidated.

"And you do?"

"Of course I do," the man blustered angrily. "I'm her fucking husband!"



*GASP!*
Review if you liked this little crumb? Sorry for the shortness!