Author's Chapter Notes:
For ShyLyn, I decided that, yeah, Spike's hair wouldn't be a dark dark brown, but rather a dark blonde, as it had been as a human. So, yay! :D

Okay, sorry for my awful lapse in updating - I promise, Where Do We Go From Here? will definitely be updated eventually. Sorry, graduated on Friday, and the biggest exams of my life are starting the 6th of June. Fuck! But, I'll be finished by the 14th and then I'm all yours for the summer! :D

Something small-ish. I planned on adding more, but that'll go in the next chapter! Just a little look at Buffy and her husband.

Enjoy!

The words rang in Spike's head. Husband. Her husband.
She has a husband. She's married. My Buffy's married... But she's not mine anymore, is she? She's
his.

He looked down at her sleeping form, and his eyes sought out what he'd missed before.

There it was, sitting on her left hand. The shining, gloating, fucking heart-breaking wedding ring.

"Didn't you know?" Her husband smirked.

Spike shrugged, acting as though the news didn't affect him.
"Well, me an' Buffy here haven't seen each other in a while. Got a bit of catchin’ up to do, yeah?”

The other man narrowed his eyes. “Just get the hell away from my wife, pal,” he sneered.

But Spike held his ground, raising his chin defiantly. “Don’t think so. The lady wants me to stay. An’ I never break promises to her.”

“Are you deaf? Get the fuck out.” Her husband’s jaw clenched, his fists were balled.

“Maybe I’m not the deaf one. I told you, Buffy wants me to stay.”

“Buffy needs rest, and somebody to look after her. And I’m here. So get out of here before I call security.”

A muscle in Spike’s jaw ticked before he slumped his shoulders in defeat. “Alright. Look, jus’ tell her I’ll back as soon as I can, right? An’ that I hope she feels better soon.”

He nodded, taking his seat beside Buffy – his wife.

With a sigh, Spike walked out of the room, and left the hospital, going into a café across the street. He pulled put his cellphone, and dialed.

“Hello? ...Yeah, it’s me. Listen… Yeah, yeah, I saw her. You never bloody told me it was that bad… Well, I didn’t know, did i? ... Look, I need those two addresses alright, got a couple of house calls to make… Hold on, I’ll get a pen…”

He signaled over the waitress. “Sorry, pet. Any chance I could borrow a pen and paper quickly. He flashed her a charming smile. She nodded, giggling.

“Sure thing. My name’s Lauren, by the way,” she said with a smile.

He nodded. “Spike. Thanks. Right, mate, those addresses?”

Spike scribbled down the two addresses, and repeated them back. “Alright, thanks. Talk to you later.” He hung up, and slipped the page into his pocket. He turned to the waitress, holding up the pen. “Thanks, Lauren.”

She grinned. “Any time.”

He stood up, and walked to the door, giving her a little salute.
Now, he had places to be, people to see.





Buffy woke slowly, her face pressed against a soft shirt. “Spike?” She mumbled, remembering that he’d been there as she’d fallen asleep. She opened her eyes with a smile. “Spike?”

“No, baby, it’s me,” her husband smiled, smoothing back her hair.

“Tom?” She frowned in confusion.

“Hey, Buff. How’re you feeling?”

“Good. I’m a little better, I guess. Still sore, but a little better. Was there somebody in here when you got here?” She asked, trying to sit up. He wrapped an arm around her, trying to help.

“A guy with brownish hair?” When she nodded, he shrugged. “Yeah, but he left. Didn’t say much. I told him he could stay until you woke up, but he just left.”

“He did? Did he say he’d be back?”

Tom gave another shrug. “I don’t think so. Who was he anyway?”

“Somebody from Sunnydale. You remember we told you about Spike? He died closing the Hellmouth? Well, that was him. He’s back, I guess. Whoa.”

“The vampire? That guy was a vampire?”

Buffy frowned as she thought back. “Um, actually, he’s alive. He’s human now. It’s crazy…”

“Wow, that’s weird. You want some water?”

“Sure. How was work?” She eased herself back into the pillows more comfortably.

He handed her a bottle of water. “Ah, same as usual. I’m literally surrounded by damn idiots. I don’t know how any thing gets done!”

Buffy smiled, and laid her hand on his. “Aw, poor Tom,” she laughed.

“Yeah, poor me, look at poor you. I was talking to Doctor Faulkner today, he says you should be finished in here by next week, but they want to make sure you’re all healed up first.”

She pulled a face. “I hate hospitals,” she grumbled.

Tom frowned. “Buffy, you know it’s for your own good. We’ve got to get you all better.”

“Yes, Giles,” she muttered, rolling her eyes.

“I mean it, Buff. You need to get better. There’s no two ways about it.”

“Alright, alright. Jeez, I was joking.” She huffed out a breath.

“Buffy, don’t be difficult, okay? I’m only looking out for you.” Tom sighed. “Look, I’ll go get the doctor, okay? We can see how well you’ve progressed. I’ll be back in a sec.”

He got up and left, leaving Buffy frowning at the sheets.

Her fingers absentmindedly stroked the shiny scars on the palm of her left hand, the seven-year-old burn one of her few remnants of Sunnydale.

Spike was alive…


Chapter End Notes:
Okay, he's only sort of a prick, but I don't think Buffy would really marry an asshole, huh? Hmm, already in my head, he makes me think of how I write Angel. :P

Review if you feel like it. I'll get back to work, I promise! :D